24103s "Please Insert Disk in Drive" Error

Hey, complete newbie. I’ve looked around for info on this for few hours but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. If someone could advise or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Using XP Pro and Lite-on 24103s CD-RW was working grand up until now with CD-Rs. Tried to format a cd-RW using INCD and the it froze half way thru. CD-RW drive will now not recognise any cd put into the drive and says “Please insert cd in drive”. Have un-installed and re-installed.

Have installed latest version of Nero, InCD and patched the machine as well. Still says Please insert cd in Drive D:

Any ideas?
Cheers,

Mullins

Well, if it froze half-way through a RW format, and now wont read any other discs, then your drive may be dead. I dont say it is becasue I dont know.

Do you have another computer to try it in?

Thats about all I can suggest…:confused:

yeah. It won’t read anything. When I insert a cd in the drive the drive light flashes a few times and you can hear the CD spinning a few times. Then it stops and goes dead. According to the device manager status of the drive is working ok.

A friend suggested last night that I try it in his machine, so I’ll try that during the week, see if it sheds any light on the matter.

Thanks anyway,

Mullins

Hey keep us updated on your dirve not working. Let us know if it works when you put it in a different pc.

ok. I did a system rollback on my machine, and it has resolved the machine not recognising that there is a disk in the drive. Before the drive went awry there were three folders queued to be burned (to verbatim hi-speed RW-CD). The three folders are still there and the machine tells me that there are files wating to be burned. How do I end this session? If you put a CD in the File it won’t read what is on it (I think because it is ready for a write process).

If I try and write the files to a CD, InCD tells me a supported media is not in the drive and to insert a disk, as does CD writing wizard “No disk in drive, Please insert a RW disk into d:”

With Nero when I try and explore the drive there is an access failure.

any ideas. This is on XP btw

thanks,

Mullins

Same Problem here too…Any ideas
Thanks.

Originally posted by mullins
Before the drive went awry there were three folders queued to be burned (to verbatim hi-speed RW-CD). The three folders are still there and the machine tells me that there are files wating to be burned. How do I end this session?

Have you tried the CD-RW’s in another drive/computer?
As to ending the session, isnt there an option when right clicking the burner in explorer to cancel/delete burn?

Originally posted by mullins
If I try and write the files to a CD, InCD tells me a supported media is not in the drive and to insert a disk, as does CD writing wizard “No disk in drive, Please insert a RW disk into d:”

There may be a conflict between InCD and XP’s built in burning. Try and format the CDs in another computer, then see how you go.

Other than this, what results did you get with your mates computer?