24102B question

I just bought the Lite-On 24102B and I am loving it. I just have a quick question. My last burner was a Lite-On 12x and I purchased a spool of CD-Rs that could be written at 16x. My question is if I use these in my 24x can I burn them at 24x? Will this harm my burner in any way?

Originally posted by Ronzilla
My question is if I use these in my 24x can I burn them at 24x? Will this harm my burner in any way?
Most of the times you can write these discs at a higher speed. The speed mentioned on the disc is the speed the disc was certified for. Using a higher speed will not harm your writer in any way.

The writer will test during writing if the disc can be written at 24x. A 24x recorder will not start recording at 24 but most of the times at 16x afterwards the disc is checked and if the quality is ok the speed will raise to 20x or so after which another test will be done to ensure quality and the recorder will raise the speed to 24.

So simply put: go for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think they can harm your burner
like G@M3FR3@K said go for it

Thank you both for your prompt reply. I just found this forum today and have already found several answers to questions I have had.