24102B - NERO Buffer?!?!?

vbimport

does anyone know why my buffers empty at about 50% when i burn anything with nero.it doesn't happen with clonecd or DJ. The buffers empty, burning stops, the buffers fill, burning restarts for 20s, then th buffers empty again!
DMA is enabled.

It's only a recent problem. the burn still completes, but 1 min slower than i expect.

*Win98se
*lieon 24102b is on the secondary slave
*nero didn't used to do this!
*dma is enabled for 24102b only

Do you burn on the fly? What other reader do you use? Is it dma enabled?

Make sure DMA is enabled for all your devices, CD-ROM’s writers and harddrives.

And do you have the latest Nero version?

How long has it ben since you defragmented your hard drive?

if your drive gets really fragmented, your hard drive probably cant send data to tha cd-rw drive fast enough.

i would recommend defraging your hard drive about once a month.

although this probably is not tha problem if you have a fast pc :slight_smile:

@hemias said in the original post DMA is enabled.
NOT on the fly burning!

@nbr - HDD hasn’t been dfraged for a while , but the burning is fine with other prgrams

@OC If i enable dma for the HDD clone CD wont work!!

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]@hemias said in the original post DMA is enabled.
NOT on the fly burning!

@nbr - HDD hasn’t been dfraged for a while , but the burning is fine with other prgrams

@OC If i enable dma for the HDD clone CD wont work!! [/B]

If you don’t run your HDD in DMA Mode it will be MUCH slower…

it has bee working fine so far, AND THE PROBLEM IS ONLY WITH NERO NOT ANY OTHER PROGRAMS . THE PROBLEM IS ALSO A RECENT ONE - SO IT CANT BE MY HARDDRIVE

======================================
BTW; my spec:
P3 800mhz
256SDRAM
Using latest nero [ie:5.5.8.2]

It could be an aspi layer problem - give it a try … although it would affect all other burning software i suppose

I understand that ccd won’t work if you enable dma on your hdd but give it a try anyways (at least temporarerly) in order to see if the problem is fixed - just to locate the problem’s source. If it is not fixed then you can search elsewhere… :wink:

yeah, ccd don’t work with dma enabled on the HDD. Thanks for all the help though :stuck_out_tongue: