24102B acting stangely

I have a problem with my burnings. The burner is writhing for 2s and then it’s idle for 2s, which makes my burning time twice as long. I don’t think there is nything wrong with burner itself, this sounds more like a system failure. Anyone knows what it’s? I have this problem in every program I try, CloneCD, FireBurner and Alcohol 120%. I haven’t tried BlindWrite, but I bet it’ll the same problem using it.

Thanks for answer :slight_smile:

Did you make sure DMA is on, and your harddrive is defragmented?

it is DMA, i had same problem once!!!

basically right now your drive is running in PIO MODE and it needs to be running in DMA mode.

to check it goto device manager.

I bet the problem is with DMA. But I don’t know how to change it. If I can in the the Device Mangager and right click the CD-RW I selecting properties, there is no option about DMA in there.

If I check the properties for the “DMA Steering-device” (or what it’s called in english) it says there is no drivers installed. Guess I better install those first then. Just need to find DMA drivers, I have no clue where to look, but I guess I’m gonna manage that. I’m mean I’m a certified MCP. Even though it doesn’t sound like that… :smiley:

Hmm this sucks…
I can’t activate DMA in XP Pro. I know I could it in Windows 9X/ME. There is no tab called Resource, in neither one of my 4 devices. Does anyone know how to do it? :confused:

Here is my systeminfo:

MSI K7T Pro 2-A
AMD 900MHz
256 MB RAM
GeForce 2 GTS
WDC WD800JB-00CRA1 - NTFS (Primary Master)
IMB-DTLA-307045 - NTFS (Primary Slave)
BCD 24XM CD-ROM (Secondary Master)
LTR-24102B (5S5A) (Secondary Slave)

Windows XP Pro (Swedish).

The motherboard do support Ultra DMA/ATA 100 couse both my HDD’s is running using ATA 100.

OK I have finally been able to enable DMA for my burner, now everything works just fine.

Thanks to all for the help :smiley: