223C - Buffer fluctuation

vbimport

ok i need your help as ive updated the firmware to sb05 on the two samsung sh-s223c that i bought yesterday yet when i burn using both burners the buffer goes mental and it takes a hour to burn at 4x speed ive tried reinstalling the primary and secondary =channels and still got this problem yet if i stick my pioneers back in no problems these samsungs seem like utter rubbish to me so far never had this prob with any pioneer drives over the years

Hi and Welcome!

I moved your post to a new topic since the 223C is a totally different drive than the 223F for example.

Now to your question: Please tell us, what Sata controller is used to connect your drive, and how is it configured in your computer’s Bios?
Buffer problems are most likely interface compatibility issues, and the controller the drive is connected to plays an important role in that game.

Michael

这个机器在中国的型号是TS-H663C,很容易自动降速的机器……

this Writer model is TS-H663C in China ,often automatically reduce the speed

i think its just the one on the motherboard which is a gigabyte i have no idea how its confirgured to bios as never had any probs in the years when ive used pioneer drives ive only had this problem since changing to samsungs when i put my old pioneer drives back in dont get this problem its only on these drives if i need to do something if you can explain it how to do it cheers

[QUOTE=mciahel;2545981]Hi and Welcome!

I moved your post to a new topic since the 223C is a totally different drive than the 223F for example.

Now to your question: Please tell us, what Sata controller is used to connect your drive, and how is it configured in your computer’s Bios?
Buffer problems are most likely interface compatibility issues, and the controller the drive is connected to plays an important role in that game.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Some Sata controllers do have issues with Sata ODD, as described in the FAQ (see my signature). That’s why I wanted to know these details.

Another reason for issues might be a faulty Sata cable.

Michael

but as i stated it cant be anything like sata cable cause i dont get the problem with my sata pioneer drives and ive never had any probs with sata pioneer drives its only since i bought these samsung , and ive just ordered two nmew pioneer ones as ive had enough of these samsungs read loads of people having same probs online and loads of people saying samsung writers are junk and to stay clear of them when it comes to sata hard drives samsung are good but dvd writers are rubbish never had any probs like this only with samsung ones

If other drives work for you, then go ahead and swap your Samsungs. Perhaps you can return them to the vendor.

Michael

Hello AndrewBrice, came a new version, I tried it, but at least no virus present. :confused:Good luck.:bigsmile:

http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWDownload/FWDownload.asp