real simple to do. take one season of your favourite sitcom and do the following.
- decrypt and shrink the series, sticking 8 episodes per disc over 3 discs.
- rat each disc down to the smallest possible size - you’ll get a rat file around 600,000 bytes.
- rat it back up to dvd format.
- run that through dvd shrink 3 or 4 times until you get a file of around 1.5gb.
- write the output to a folder.
- repeat for each disc.
- open dvd shrink and drag and drop all your episodes into your compilation, encode and burn!
Oh and did I mention that the quality sucks ass ?
It’s as pixellated as you can imagine, for the amount of compression involved, but it’s the sort of pixellation that if you sat far enough from the screen - REALLY far, it would actually be watchable if you really weren’t fussy.
I can imagine it might be slightly better on a portable TV though.
The reason i did maximum compression while ratting it was because when i did it on the default setting and ratted it back up to DVD, it made a file of around 2.9gb, which is too big - I’m not sure dvd shrink would have been able to shrink it down, and even if it had, i’d have had to run it through it about 20 times.
So … it CAN be done. Next stop, Austin Powers trilogy on one disc with perfect dvd quality and a front menu to boot !!