22 episodes on one 4.7gb disc!

vbimport

hah!

did it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

real simple to do. take one season of your favourite sitcom and do the following.

1. decrypt and shrink the series, sticking 8 episodes per disc over 3 discs.
  2. rat each disc down to the smallest possible size - you’ll get a rat file around 600,000 bytes.
  3. rat it back up to dvd format.
  4. run that through dvd shrink 3 or 4 times until you get a file of around 1.5gb.
  5. write the output to a folder.
  6. repeat for each disc.
  7. open dvd shrink and drag and drop all your episodes into your compilation, encode and burn!

Oh and did I mention that the quality sucks ass ? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It’s as pixellated as you can imagine, for the amount of compression involved, but it’s the sort of pixellation that if you sat far enough from the screen - REALLY far, it would actually be watchable if you really weren’t fussy.

I can imagine it might be slightly better on a portable TV though.

The reason i did maximum compression while ratting it was because when i did it on the default setting and ratted it back up to DVD, it made a file of around 2.9gb, which is too big - I’m not sure dvd shrink would have been able to shrink it down, and even if it had, i’d have had to run it through it about 20 times.

So … it CAN be done. Next stop, Austin Powers trilogy on one disc with perfect dvd quality and a front menu to boot !!

why not just use diko, it’a lot faster, then use dvdlab pro to make menu

i think i’m going to be able to do it with nero … i’ve played around with nerovision express enough and I know you can import VOB files directly into your project, so there’s a chance i can do it with that.

still, gonna try it anyway.