215 DBK Error updating f/w

vbimport

Just bought a 215 dbk to replace my ide drive
Downloaded 1.18 exe fw for my Pioneer 215D , when execute , get "Available target not found " message …
ODD firmware update utility ver 2.57a
Trying to update from 1.13 fw to 1.18 … tried in safe mode , same result
dvd burner is in device manager , burned cd/dvd’s no problem …

Any ideas ?? suggestions ?

TIA

Hi :slight_smile:
Make sure you have correct f/w.
i.e. For 215D or 215 etc.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2068654]Hi :slight_smile:
Make sure you have correct f/w.
i.e. For 215D or 215 etc.[/QUOTE]

Tried DVR215D ( SV, BK ) 1.18 F/W :confused:

[QUOTE=kissparo;2068697]Tried DVR215D ( SV, BK ) 1.18 F/W :confused:[/QUOTE]

usually its because you have the wrong firmware, if you bought it new, then try DVRFlash with the firmware, if it does not flash, then you have the wrong firmware, if its used purchase, check to see it is RPC2 or RPC1

Hi :slight_smile:
I just wonder if it’s worth trying the f/w for the 215 - 1.18.
After all if the drive isn’t this, then you’ll get the same “Available target not found”.

I agree with both of you say , must be wrong f/w dvrflash will not flash it either …

Installed my trusty DW1640 in wifes computer to scan a 20x burn done on 16x verbs as this Pioneer or my LG don’t scan piss off . can’t even bitsett " double piss off" … wish they’d make a dw1640 sata lol …
Scan was actually not bad with 1.13 f/w sorry did not keep results do remember Q94 and the disc plays well on my Denon player so i guess i’ll stick with this … checked cdn Pioneer site , no f/w listed for my drive …
Thx Zebadee and PumaUK for your replies … appreciate it

The Canada site is just like the US site, nothing mentioned for computer-related equipment.

Japan
Europe

You can try a different SATA cable to make sure it isn’t the problem, and/or other SATA port(s).

Finally got S15J kernel loaded using dvrflasher guess it’s a 215 now fw indicates 1.18

Sure more difficult than updating my old LG or Benq f/w

thx to all that helped Ron :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=kissparo;2068982]Finally got S15J kernel loaded using dvrflasher guess it’s a 215 now fw indicates 1.18

Sure more difficult than updating my old LG or Benq f/w

thx to all that helped Ron :-)[/QUOTE]I saw your thread while on vacation and never could figure out that you wanted (215[B]L[/B]) f/w. If flashed properly you should have a 215[B]L[/B] now and have a Lableflash capabilities.

[QUOTE=Bob;2069138]I saw your thread while on vacation and never could figure out that you wanted (215[B]L[/B]) f/w. If flashed properly you should have a 215[B]L[/B] now and have a Lableflash capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Right you are Bob …215l it is !

[QUOTE=kissparo;2069330]Right you are Bob …215l it is ![/QUOTE]Did you make necessary adjustments for booktype and whatever else you might want with MCSE?

I have that drive with booktype set for SL discs and it burns really nice.

[QUOTE=Bob;2069331]Did you make necessary adjustments for booktype and whatever else you might want with MCSE?

I have that drive with booktype set for SL discs and it burns really nice.[/QUOTE]

Just did MCSE speedpatch , thx for info will try it out bitsetting woot