20x or higher Inkjet printable DVDs?

vbimport

Hello,

I’m nearing my last 15 blank DVDs so in a month or so I’ll probably need to order more. I’ve had extremely good luck with Verbatim inkjet printable but they currently max out about 16x. I was curious if there are good 20x (or even faster) since my DVD burner is capable of faster.

Thanks

Media is only certified to 16X max. In order to burn at 18X or 20X, you need good quality high speed media like Verbatim 16X DVD-R/+R or Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R/+R.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[QUOTE=boe;1997475]since my DVD burner is capable of faster.

Thanks[/QUOTE]What drive/firmware?

I’m just going to shoot down the 20x idea and tell you that it’s a crapshoot to get media that will consistently burn great @ that speed.

In fact, 18-20x is a load of crap that does the following:

• Saves all of 30 seconds over 16x
  • Makes coasters far more likely to occur
  • Burns with higher errors in most, if not every single case
  • Is not supported by any disc (16x is the fastest media available)

So I would suggest burning @ 12x max. 8x if you want to have the safest and highest quality burns.

So unfortunately no, there’s no actual media that supports anything above 16x. I consider 16x too fast and personally never use it. Are your goals to get the best quality burns possible? If I were to use the Verbatim IJ printables to print onto, I’d want them to be burned well enough to be read by most players, otherwise it’s a waste of time, money and ink.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1997603]
So I would suggest burning @ 12x max. 8x if you want to have the safest and highest quality burns.
[/QUOTE]
I agree absolutely. My mark is always 8x to keep very very low the failure score.
Only thing I hate of printable Verbatims is that the logo and speed indication are printed on the printable surface and that brings an amateurish look to the final job.
I prefer TDK because the printable surface is fully clean.

Regards.