20A4P stock firmware riplock patch?

I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum earlier I hope I don’t get into trouble. Does this stock firmware have a riplock patch if so how do I get rid if it because MCSE doesn’t work

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1958252]I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum earlier I hope I don’t get into trouble. Does this stock firmware have a riplock patch if so how do I get rid if it because MCSE doesn’t work[/QUOTE]Unless there’s something else… this is all i know of for that drive > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a4p-fast-burn-enhanced-overspeed-firmware-231875/

I’m using C0deKing’s 9P54 FB EOS firmware with my 20A4P and can confirm some kind of riplock being present or the drive is faulty :Z

Ripping a DVD to a hard drive takes a long time, a fair bit longer than it did with my 20A1P.

I posted about this previously but everyone said I was crazy :rolleyes:

Mine peaks @ 12x and is significantly slower ripping DL discs at all areas of the disc compared to my AOpen DVD1648AAP

[QUOTE=BoostFrenzy;1961595]I posted about this previously but everyone said I was crazy :rolleyes:

Mine peaks @ 12x and is significantly slower ripping DL discs at all areas of the disc compared to my AOpen DVD1648AAP[/QUOTE]yes i remember :slight_smile: It seems C0deKing doesn’t want to make it rip any faster for a reason. His reason.

Stay with your AOpen DVD1648AAP for a faster rip.

We have similar “problems” with latest Samsung S20** series.
Not on Intel Quad Core though, linky. :slight_smile:

Has anybody tested 20A4P’s rip speed on a box wit quad core processor?

Has anybody tested 20A4P’s rip speed on a box wit quad core processor?

yeah me and it goes as high as 12.1x and then rpm drops and goes down to 2.8 and builds back up fast to 8 then 10 then 12 and then drops back again with slower rpm.

You can physically hear drive go from 12x making a huge noise to none at all when ripping @ 2-8x

not sure my 20a1p to 20a4p does it will test now

edit the 20a1p i flashed to 4p stops at 12.1x and fallsback a little to 10x and 8.9x but rpm seems to stay same.

12x for DL is fine by me btw

During benchmark though mine goes to 16.2x

[QUOTE=SSJ4 Vegetto;1960784]I’m using C0deKing’s 9P54 FB EOS firmware with my 20A4P and can confirm some kind of riplock being present or the drive is faulty :Z

Ripping a DVD to a hard drive takes a long time, a fair bit longer than it did with my 20A1P.[/QUOTE]

But yes when I rip sl or dl video it is a lot slower hopefully ala42 will come up with something for MCSE!! :smiley: