20A4P bitsetting firmware?

I am not sure if I was supposed to post this in my other thread, but it was on another subject so i started a new one. Can I create a bitsetting firmware with the omnipatcher using stock 9P54? If not what do I do to get bitsetting with the best latest firmware for the Lite-on 20A4P?

hi,
you can use the util from liteon
http://us.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/utilities/BookType135.zip
don’t think you can make a bitset firmware, the bitset part is held in the writers eeprom?
you could also use imgburn to set the bitsetting.
regards…

I’m not sure I understand… So can I make it so my 20A4P firmware default to auto. bitset +R to -rom???:confused:

No, you need to insert the disc type you want to change the bitsetting of so insert a blank +R in the drive, run the bitsetting utility funkychunk linked to and change the booktype to DVD-ROM.

Do the same for +R DL and thats it, the drive will always burn +R and +R DL media with DVD-ROM booktype.

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1945738]I’m not sure I understand… So can I make it so my 20A4P firmware default to auto. bitset +R to -rom???:confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, using imgburn program. Choose your drive, go under device and choose booktype settings. There you will see the setting for booktype for each of the three formats with eeprom next to it, change that to dvd-rom and it will be permanent booktype, no need to insert a disc.

[QUOTE=SonnyUnlocker;1945770]Yes you can, using imgburn program. Choose your drive, go under device and choose booktype settings. There you will see the setting for booktype for each of the three formats with eeprom next to it, change that to dvd-rom and it will be permanent booktype, no need to insert a disc.[/QUOTE]

Permanent even if after I set the booktype with Imgburn, but I do my actual burn with another program?

BTW thanks everyone for the help!!!

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;1945788]Permanent even if after I set the booktype with Imgburn, but I do my actual burn with another program?

BTW thanks everyone for the help!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, i believe it should be permanent even if you use other programs.

I just used ImgBurn for a Verb +R DL using ImgBurn. Changed booktyped it to DVD-ROM no problem with my 20A4P. I think it will hold (permanent) in other apps also after it’s set.

[QUOTE=SonnyUnlocker;1945797]Yes, i believe it should be permanent even if you use other programs.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks!!!

Everyone again cause everyone is always so helpful