20A1H and T03 - a change for the worse

vbimport

Hi,
I’m using only T03 discs by Verbatim at 8x recording speed. The quality of recordings was always very good.
typical result:

very good burn:

The new batch brings the change for the worse (http://www.verbatim-europe.com/index/product.php?cat_id=3&sub_cat_id=11&pid=18&lang_id=1).
typical result:

poor burn:

What do You think about this change?

[quote=AlKwas;2022287]What do You think about this change?[/quote] Your new results are still very good and I think you should count yourself lucky. Some other people including myself have had worse luck with some of the Verbatim branded T03.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2022289]Your new results are still very good and I think you should count yourself lucky. Some other people including myself have had worse luck with some of the Verbatim branded T03.[/QUOTE]
Hi, I’m searching for the perfect media (archive recordings). Taiyo Yuden - nobless oblige. My old batch of MCC004 made in Taiwan (and MCC003 from India, too) was better. Maybe it’s time to change the brand. Any suggestions?

[quote=AlKwas;2022307]Hi, I’m searching for the perfect media (archive recordings). Taiyo Yuden - nobless oblige. My old batch of MCC004 made in Taiwan (and MCC003 from India, too) was better. Maybe it’s time to change the brand. Any suggestions?[/quote] You can’t expect to get DVD media that consistently produce better scans that the ones you posted above.

For me, the most widely compatible media is Verbatim 16x DVD+R MCC004 (number two is Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R YUDEN000 T02), but you can easily get a batch of MCC004 that produces worse scans than those above.

Scans are not everything however, and I almost never have any real problems with Verbatim MCC004.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2022307]Hi, I’m searching for the perfect media (archive recordings). Taiyo Yuden - nobless oblige. My old batch of MCC004 made in Taiwan (and MCC003 from India, too) was better. Maybe it’s time to change the brand. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Taiyo Yuden 16x are very good but not so excellent like previous versions at 4x and 8x. Sometimes we can find better batches, sometimes worse.
MCC004 is also an excellent media and you can choose indifferently both for your archive recordings. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mognegna;2022322]Taiyo Yuden 16x are very good but not so excellent like previous versions at 4x and 8x. Sometimes we can find better batches, sometimes worse. [/QUOTE]
Previous version Verbatim’s DVD+R 16x (blue label) by Taiyo Yuden was marked as ‘Advanced AZO+’ and ‘DataLifePlus’, current is AZO only. DataLifePlus was a mark of higher quality. What do You think about?

Another bad scan…

[quote=AlKwas;2026994]Another bad scan…[/quote] I wouldn’t call it bad. PIE are very good and PIF are easily within specs; there is some PIF clumping though with perhaps a few hundred PIF per clump. I’d consider it mediocre because of the PIF clumping but not bad.

[QUOTE=AlKwas;2026237]Previous version Verbatim’s DVD+R 16x (blue label) by Taiyo Yuden was marked as ‘Advanced AZO+’ and ‘DataLifePlus’, current is AZO only. DataLifePlus was a mark of higher quality. What do You think about?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think old packaging TY [B]16X[/B] was DataLifePlus. Anyway, those are typical results for this media. Your first scans that you’re comparing with were better than average. You just got lucky with those.