2014 LIVE Eurovision Finalist

vbimport

//youtu.be/SaolVEJEjV4

Notice anything different about this girls face?

Wurst represented Austria and won the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen, Denmark. And here’s the song she sang on 2014 LIVE Eurovision Second Semi-Final

Yeah that’s been all over the news here.

TBH the Eurovision Song Contest is the last programme I’d ever voluntarily choose to watch. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2727328]TBH the Eurovision Song Contest is the last programme I’d ever voluntarily choose to watch. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:clap::clap:
Wise decision,Wombler!!:iagree:

Song contest? rolf
I am having a hard time trying to remember a song from this contest that is worth listening today.

I never even saw it until today, why does she have a beard? Is that a guy in a dress? I am old school, I can’t tell since I saw the bearded lady in the circus when I was 5 .:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I prefer my women without facial hair, the right mix of chromosomes and original equipment.

[QUOTE=vroom;2727330]Song contest? rolf
I am having a hard time trying to remember a song from this contest that is worth listening today.[/QUOTE]

Me only 1…Waterloo from ABBA…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2727331]I never even saw it until today, why does she have a beard? Is that a guy in a dress? I am old school, I can’t tell since I saw the bearded lady in the circus when I was 5 .:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Obvious that you never met my mother-in-law…:bigsmile:
And it’s not only for the way she laughs,but I also think she’s a HYENA in disguise…

[QUOTE=UTR;2727332]I prefer my women without facial hair, the right mix of chromosomes and original equipment.[/QUOTE]

Me too…:iagree:

I miss the old Eurovision up until 1997 where all the musical instruments used in a song had to be on stage and voting was carried out by an internal jury. I.e. it was a song contest, not an act contest.

Since then I don’t recall any song ever being played that I really liked, i.e. something that I would still like to be played on the radio.

Also, for what’s suppose to be the best song in Europe, when was the last time a Eurovison winning song topped the charts for several weeks?

In my opinion, the Eurovision song contest final should be changed to one of the following:

1 - All performers on stage must at least sing or play a musical instrument.

2 - Run the song contest in two stages, maybe across two different days. In the first stage, all the songs are played without the performance being shown (e.g. play the rehearsals, with just the song info and how to vote shown on screen) with the voting lines open after the last song is played. Then run the second stage exactly like now, but with the voting lines closed.

3 - Introduce a second voting line, so people can choose their favourite act, then choose their favourite song. The Eurovision winner will be the one with the best song and another trophy will be awarded to the country with the best act.

IMHO Austria’s song was OK, but not the best. Top 3: Norway, Sweden and Netherlands.

Though I think it’s great that some countries (at least Russia and Belarus) were offended by Mr. Wurst’s performance. It’s probable that this offension gained the extra points for Austria.

[QUOTE=Mastus;2727559]IMHO Austria’s song was OK, but not the best. Top 3: Norway, Sweden and Netherlands.[/QUOTE]

As the Irish top selling singles is announced on a Friday, I decided to have a check to see what Eurovision songs people actually bought.

Despite Ireland voting the max 12 points for Austria, the best selling song was actually that of The Netherlands - “Calm After The Storm”, which reached #4. The Austria song only reached #10.

This also gives me another idea of how the songs should be rated: Instead of having people vote, put the songs on sale for the duration of the show using a special app or website that counts the sales. This method could also verify the location such as requiring the user to ring or text a code to a number that only works within the country. Then rank the points according to the best selling songs, obviously excluding the country’s own song. Another advantage with this method over voting is that the user gets at least something out of it even if a song doesn’t do well.