VirtualDub 1.5.8 stable final has been released

H-EvA-K used our news submit to let us know that a final stable release of VirtualDub is out. 

VirtualDub is well featured AVI video capture and processing utility.  While it does not have video editing features it is designed to be streamlined for fast single and batch-processing video jobs.  It can capture from
various sources including web cams, capture cards and TV tuners as well as process captured video in real-time or from an external AVI through Windows AV compression filters.  It supports also supports the reading of MPEG-1 video and a series of BMP images to make up a series of frames.

VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (98/NT/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).  It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video.  It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters.  VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

I basically started VirtualDub in college to do some quick capture-and-encoding that I wanted done; from there it's basically grown into a more general utility that can trim and clean up video before exporting to tape or processing with another program.  I released it on the web and others found it useful, so I've been tinkering around with its code ever since.  If you have the time, please download and enjoy.

Current build (1.5.8, stable):

Features added:

• DirectDraw support is disabled when Terminal Services
    or Remote Desktop clients are detected to work around a DirectX clipping bug.
  • Re-enabled places bar on open and save dialogs.
  • Disabled FPU state warning and made the fixup silent.  WAY too many drivers are screwing up the FPU unit.
  • Edit lists can now be omitted from configuration files without needing to close the source file.

Bugs fixed:

• Main window is disabled during MPEG-1 scan to prevent crash if main window is closed.
  • Previous-key and next-key movement commands were not correct for B-frames in an MPEG-1 file.
  • Fixed decoding of MPEG-1 B-frames at the start of GOPs with broken_link set.
  • Palette change blocks no longer appear as garbage video streams.  In-stream palette changes are still not supported, however.
  • biSizeImage was incorrect when using fast recompress in YV12 mode.
  • Sequence appends failing on the first file now throw an error rather than a warning.

Regressions fixed:

• A race condition in the fast write code occasionally resulted in spurious write errors.
  • Fixed swapped 00db/00dc tags in AVI output.
  • Fixed display of 8-bit paletted video.
  • Program starts under Windows 95 again.

VirtualDub is available for download here.

Source: VirtualDub.org

No posts to display