2004 Honda Accord (UK) 6 CD Player - No sound? HELP

vbimport

I recently blew a bulk inside my car, and the CD/Radio player stopper working, so I checked my fuse box and found a fuse had blown. I replaced the fuse like for like and the CD/Radio player works but no sound.

My local Honda dealer has said that they want to charge me £75 per hour to find the fault + parts and VAT. However I have spoken to another Honda dealer and they think that the internal AMP which is located inside the CD player might have blown?

Can someone please help or advise.

Usually car stereos have their own fuse, you might wanna check the radio/cd wiring system for additional broken fuses.

If the internal amp is blown, you’re pretty much left with a broken stereo and you’re better off buying a new one, but those amps don’t blow that easily. Make sure it supports your external 6cd box.

Thanks for the response, I have looked and there is no fuse linked to the CD player… and can’t afford a new or used one.

You might have better luck on a Honda forum :wink: It might be a common problem if you lucky.

Without really good electronics trouble shooting skill I’m afraid your going to be in a tough spot.

[QUOTE=jaylatif;2515252]Thanks for the response, I have looked and there is no fuse linked to the CD player… and can’t afford a new or used one.[/QUOTE]
Did you check the stereo as well? They usually have this thick red cable with a fuse in a nice black casing.