200 Taiyo Yuden Hub Printable 8X DVD-R (Valueline) + 200 Paper Sleeves $57.99 w/FS

Supermediastore.com

Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Valueline) 200 Pack in Tape Wrap with Free 200 Pack Paper Sleeves (Free Ground Shipping)

MID: TYG02

$57.99 Shipped…

Great deal if your low on good media… :iagree:

I made myself a promise that I would never ever buy anymore Value line TYG02
media even if it was offered to me at $1 dollar per hundred discs with free shipping.
The first and only 100 pack I bought of them the discs had such bad imperfections
in the dye that they produced nothing but coasters for the first 80 or so discs so I
just threw the last 20 or so of them out without wasting my time trying to burn them
only to get more coasters. :a

[QUOTE=getit29;1968641]I made myself a promise that I would never ever buy anymore Value line TYG02
media even if it was offered to me at $1 dollar per hundred discs with free shipping.
The first and only 100 pack I bought of them the discs had such bad imperfections
in the dye that they produced nothing but coasters for the first 80 or so discs so I
just threw the last 20 or so of them out without wasting my time trying to burn them
only to get more coasters. :a[/QUOTE]

Damn, I would of sent them back if they were that bad… Dont know what to say about your experience, it may have been a fluke… TY’s are usually ‘the’ media to have…

[QUOTE=getit29;1968641]I made myself a promise that I would never ever buy anymore Value line TYG02
only to get more coasters. :a[/QUOTE]

Yo-

Have to second [B]getit29[/B]'s observations - TY Valueline media has been a real disappointment to me - to the point that I only buy T02 TY’s from www.rima.com (and have been coaster free since)-eh!!

My apologies… I didnt know that this media was that bad… Then again, I never liked DVD-R media anyway… Good thing, cause I was really considering this since Im running low and really didnt want to buy 200 blanks…

The one and only time I bought that exact same package from SupermediaStore, the tape wrap broke in shippping and only about 50 discs survived without scratches. Never again.:disagree:

I was really pleased with the Valueline until just recently when I got my first failed burns. It was only four or five out of a hundred, but it was enough to convince me that they aren’t worth the couple of dollars saved.

After hearing others stories, I consider myself lucky.

I order six 50pack ( 300Disc ) this $133 with shiping
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/382473-REG/Maxell_635061_DVD_R_4_7GB_8x_White.html
One of my very best TYG02 was Maxell DVD-R Plus Series Disc
it is more expensive but Quality is are first class TY media :iagree:
it was $29.95 now price drop $19.95 :slight_smile:
Think I it is better deal than Super M store :confused:

I have used a few of these from supermediastore without much problem but I now just wait until they put the premium on sale which is often. I have never found them cheaper anywhere else than what supermediastore has them on sale for. Everytime I check RIMA with there shipping charge they would always cost me more.

I had to check my records to get the date. Back on June 24, 2007 I ordered 300 of the ValueLine TYG02 with 300 paper sleeves for $59.99 (free shipping). All of the discs I received were TYG02 (luckily no TYG03), and I have burnt slightly more than 100 of them with NO coasters. If they (SuperMediaStore) are shipping bad discs under the ValueLine name it must have started since June of 2007.

[QUOTE=Burnsama;1968803]I order six 50pack ( 300Disc ) this $133 with shiping
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/382473-REG/Maxell_635061_DVD_R_4_7GB_8x_White.html
One of my very best TYG02 was Maxell DVD-R Plus Series Disc
it is more expensive but Quality is are first class TY media :iagree:
it was $29.95 now price drop $19.95 :slight_smile:
Think I it is better deal than Super M store :confused:[/QUOTE]

So these are definitely TY media? If that’s the case, i need to stock up.

[QUOTE=hiwass;1973443]So these are definitely TY media? If that’s the case, i need to stock up.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is TY style cake box and TYG02 media ( real premium quailty media )
I try upload photo but…:doh:

here Ty style case Maxell Plus Series DVD-R ( TYG02 ) :slight_smile:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0255bi9.png

After a bad spot, I was getting good burns again. However, while checking out a new Samsung 203N I loaded a disk that had an extra layer stuck to it. I didn’t notice that it was thicker. A second clear coat was stuck to the top and came loose about half way through the burn.

The normally quite drive shrieked horribly. I couldn’t dump out of Nero and had to do a soft reboot to bailout. My experience made me feel a little better about paying RIMA a little more for what I might have gotten cheaper through Supermediastore. Ultimately, I suspect that the blame lies with TY who no longer segregates complete dren from the Valueline.

Does anyone here have any thoughts about this deal:

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-white-inkjet-hub-printable-8x-dvd-r-media-retail-cake-box-100-pack.html

I’m about to order some, but am wondering if these are REALLY premium
discs. The whole made in Japan/boxed in China thing makes me cringe too.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/hub-printable-taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-supermediastore-235938/

So far I have burnt five of these and they have done as great as other premium I have from supermediastore. I think I will give the a call on this I did not like the box saying made in Japan and boxed in china. I sent them a email let you know what they say back.