200-Pack (4 x 50) Memorex DVD-R Blank Disc Media Spindle for a low $34.99 Free Shipping

vbimport

http://www.buy.com/prod/memorex-16x-dvd-r-media-4-7gb-120mm-standard-4x50-pack-spindle/q/loc/101/217156438.html

I never buy memorex anything they are not worth the money you pay for them. Memorex takes other companies items and puts there name on it so you never know what you are getting and in most cases you are getting junk

[QUOTE=samlar;2543537]I never buy memorex anything they are not worth the money you pay for them. Memorex takes other companies items and puts there name on it so you never know what you are getting and in most cases you are getting junk[/QUOTE]

In my best Forest Gump voice:
“Memorex is like a box of chocolates you never know what you’re going to get” :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not a bad deal if you are looking for throwaway discs to give to people with burned data/projects but you can definitely get higher quality discs for the money. I’m not a big fan of Memorex products either. Got a 50 pack for free from a buddy of mine and they are prodisc. Burn results all over the place unless you burn them at half speed and even then they are just okay.

Why are people always badmouthing memorex dvd-r. I’ve never had a problem with them. What gives?

[QUOTE=archos504;2543887]Why are people always badmouthing memorex dvd-r. I’ve never had a problem with them. What gives?[/QUOTE]

Because they aren’t TY’s or old school Verbatims.

Memorex used to be a mixed bag when it came to MID’s. So unless you knew exactly what to look for you never knew what you were getting. Also, folks used to say that no matter the MID was, that Memorex always got a lower grade of the MID than other repackagers. I don’t know how much truth was in that but I remember reading it numerous times here.

I was under the impression that the current Memorex stuff is usually Ritek (F1 or F16), since Imation owns them. I haven’t had any issues with either MID but most detest Ritek media on MyCE.

Yo-

Plain simple truth is that there is no substitutes for Tayio Yuden and Verbatim DVD discs - period.

Memorex is crap - period.

I guess the point is that when quality discs run less than 30 cents a disc (including shipping or tax) it doesn’t make much sense to try to cut costs for russian roulette media. I have definitely had bad Memorex (Prodisc) burns.

Please explain!!! :p[QUOTE=bigmike7;2543900]Yo-

Plain simple truth is that there is no substitutes for Tayio Yuden and Verbatim DVD discs - period.

Memorex is crap - period.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=archos504;2543954]Please explain!!! :p[/QUOTE]

[B]That is very easy to explain Tayio Yuden and Verbatim are some of or the best
disc you can buy now days very high quality for the money.[/B]

[B]Like Jesterrace said at .30¢ or less per disc for TY or Verbatim why in the world
would anyone want to buy crap when you can get good media.[/B] :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Memorex or as some around here myself included call them Memowrecks are very
low quality discs that use several L o o o o o w quality MID’s that are
nothing to get excited about or to even write home about.

Memowrecks uses the lowest price MID’s that they can buy from the reject pile of
the disc Mfg’s here is a list of the MID’s that they use and stick their name on it.

CMC MAG. AM3… [B]can be anywhere from crappy to… [/B]:Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

MBI 01RG40… [B]all I have tried of them have been… [/B]:Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

ProdiscF02… [B]get a halfway decent burn once or twice out of 50 but mostly they are…[/B] :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

RITEKF1… [B]can be anywhere from almost decent to… [/B] :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z

:bow::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=archos504;2543954]Please explain!!! :p[/QUOTE]

Yo archos504-

The getit29 post says it all - period.

@getit29 - excellent job-eh!!

@jamescooley1 - I totally agree-eh!!

Yes, but nobody has explained why one brand is better than the other. All you guys keep saying is that memorex is crap. Put some facts to back it up! I’ve never had a problem with these discs. [QUOTE=bigmike7;2544044]Yo archos504-

The getit29 post says it all - period.

@getit29 - excellent job-eh!!

@jamescooley1 - I totally agree-eh!![/QUOTE]

[B]@archos504[/B]
I’m not going to bust your stones here, but if you want to see test results to back up the claims these guys are making, there are areas of this forum that deal with just that. Feel free to check it out.

If you get good results from using a particular brand of media and you can get a great deal then, by all means jump on it.

Considering these folks have put the time into testing the different brands and posting the results, I trust them. Another thing is that most of these people have been doing this since the first dvd/ cd burner first hit the consumer market. If you don’t trust their opinion, that’s fine. No problem.

I personally don’t have the money to go with a media that I can’t get guaranteed results. I’ve tried Memorex, because it was on sale (and before I found this forum) with mixed results.

After that fiasco, I’ve used Verbatim and Sony media for the past 5+ years with no coasters to date. I still watch for the sale, but I always stick with brands that I know give me the most for my money.

Dude, don’t think I’m raggin’ on you or trying to say you didn’t get good results with the Memorex that you used, I’m just sharing MY experience.

Jim

Yo Jim-

Extremely well stated-eh

[QUOTE=archos504;2544061]Yes, but nobody has explained why one brand is better than the other. All you guys keep saying is that memorex is crap. Put some facts to back it up! I’ve never had a problem with these discs.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooooooooooooookay you want some facts well ask and ye shall receive

In my best Jack Nicholson voice: like from the movie A Few Good Men
[B]“You want the proof? You can’t handle the proof!”[/B] :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

First up is a Memowreck 16x -R MBI 01RG40 disc
burned @8x and just like some of the others in the stack it wouldn’t even finish the burn :disagree:
2nd disc finished burning @8x these were the last 2 of those &%$#!*& discs thank goodness. :clap:
but it wouldn’t finish the quality scan. :disagree:

Second up is a Memowreck CMC MAG AM3 16x -R disc
set to burn @8x but it would only burn @6x and it also wouldn’t
finish the burn just like the MBI 01RG40 discs did and like about
90% of the rest of the stack was the same way. Burned a second
disc and it did hit 8x and finished the burn but this disc wouldn’t
even start doing a quality score scan it errored out right off the bat.

Now before you go saying that there is something wrong with the
burner they have all been tried on[U] [B]7 different burners [/B][/U]all with the
same results in the end.

Luckly I do not have any more of the Memowreck ProdiscF02 or any more of the
Memowreck RITEKF1 as I have already thrown all of them in the trash can where
they all belong and where the CMC MAG AM3 discs are going when I get done here
with this post and never again even if they were giving them away free of charge
will a memowreck disc come through my doorway. :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

Want more proof check out videohelp
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=Memorex&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=1&size=4.7&dvdburnspeed=16&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media

Okay on with the proof,

[QUOTE=archos504;2544061]Yes, but nobody has explained why one brand is better than the other. All you guys keep saying is that memorex is crap. Put some facts to back it up! I’ve never had a problem with these discs.[/QUOTE]

go here and read

You will see that memorex are made by many brands and none of the brands are rated high.

go here and look at the reviews on the Premium Line taiyo-yuden
All or either 4 or five and I bet if you read enough of the 4 ratings you will
see that it was not because the burnt dvds were bad.

I have used some of supermediastores value line and had a few bad burns
but I do not think I have had one bad burn with the premium line that I could blame on the dvd. Watching and getting there premium line on sale makes them as cheap. Even at regular price they are as cheap as the bad memorex . I bought and burn ceap dvds when I started but I learned real fast that I was better of spending a penny or two more for the best, and in most cases I spend less for the good brand.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media-100-pack

Ok need more proof that Tayio Yuden is a better choice than any
crappy cheap ass Memowreck discs??? I have to say this disc
right here is one of [U][B]my worst burns [/B][/U] with this Tayio Yuden media. :eek:

Tayio Yuden Yuden000 T02 +R 8x disc burned @8x on
the same burner and scanned on the same burner as
those &%$@ Memowreck discs were. :iagree:

:bigsmile: Wow!:eek: I feel like I just stumbled upon a murder scene
the Taiyo Yunden dojo is strong :bow:
props to getit29 for yielding the Bushido blade :cool:

I think the point been made.