200 JVC/Taiyo Yunden VALUELINE $29.99 @ Meritline first 200 orders

vbimport

200-Pack JVC / Taiyo Yuden (JDMR-VALZPPSK16) Valueline DVD-R 16X Silver Thermal Lacquer Hub Printable Blank DVDR Media Disc 4.7GB in 100 Pack Tape Wrap[B]$29.99/B$29.99 w/Coupon Code: MLC102751072125NL1 For First 200 Orders
free shipping
Valueline are average at best,but for 15 cents apiece:rolleyes:

Sold! I’ve been contemplating verbatims for some time now when this comes along… 200 will hold me probably until 12x blue ray prices get out of the stratusphere… ($199 & up). $15 per 100 with quality along the lines of Verbatim?!? (btw, this is my first exp. ordering ty/jvc brand so hope it is a good decision).

Also of note:
Meritline.com offers the Verbatim 8.5GB 8x Dual Layer DVD+R Media 30-Pack, model no. 96542, for $39.99. Apply coupon code “MLC104305072125NL1” and it falls to $29.99. With free shipping, that’s $1 per disc and tied with last month’s mention as the lowest total price we could find, this time by $10. Coupon expires after 100 uses.

Even @ 15¢ each I still wouldn’t buy Valueline TY not worth it to me anyway. :disagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2533223]Even @ 15¢ each I still wouldn’t buy Valueline TY not worth it to me anyway. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

getit29, what is your experience with the Valueline TY? I used to buy them several years ago and they worked very well (still do). I stopped buying them about 2 years ago when I found lower priced Verb DVD+Rs. Has the quality of the valueline TYs dropped in recent times?

[QUOTE=RG;2533756]getit29, what is your experience with the Valueline TY? [/QUOTE]

How can I put this oh yeah… a HORRIBLE absolutely HORRIBLE experience every time I tried
to use any TY Value line. I usually ended up throwing out 3 out of 5 discs at least if not more
out of every batch of TY’s that I tried.

If I was really lucky I’d maybe get 30 - 40 usable discs out of 100 and the rest would not play or
couldn’t be read back on a player or never even finished the burn and this was over a few different
stacks and bought from different places 100 disc stacks I’m just glad I didn’t buy more of them then
what I did, at the time I bought several hundred of them.

Now as for what they are like right now at this moment I couldn’t tell you as after getting burned
like that on the Value line I’ve sworn off of ever buying anymore TY Value line at any price even if
they were 5¢ each. :disagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2533793]How can I put this oh yeah… a HORRIBLE absolutely HORRIBLE experience every time I tried
to use any TY Value line. I usually ended up throwing out 3 out of 5 discs at least if not more
out of every batch of TY’s that I tried.

If I was really lucky I’d maybe get 30 - 40 usable discs out of 100 and the rest would not play or
couldn’t be read back on a player or never even finished the burn and this was over a few different
stacks and bought from different places 100 disc stacks I’m just glad I didn’t buy more of them then
what I did, at the time I bought several hundred of them.

Now as for what they are like right now at this moment I couldn’t tell you as after getting burned
like that on the Value line I’ve sworn off of ever buying anymore TY Value line at any price even if
they were 5¢ each. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

Yo-

[B]EXACT[/B] same experience = I [B]TOTALLY[/B] AGREE-eh!!

*(I’m still waiting to find someone that I can hate enough to give my 170-180 to for free-eh)

If the burns were unusable, most makers do have a satisfaction guarantee, you could have RMA under warranty and recieved new discs (which probably wouldn’t be worth it, except on principal of TY making crap to be forced to replace “defective discs”). If it was a 60% failure ratio that’s approaching a worthwhile venture to RMA the discs given a 200-pack purchase.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2533815]Yo-

[B]EXACT[/B] same experience = I [B]TOTALLY[/B] AGREE-eh!!

*(I’m still waiting to find someone that I can hate enough to give my 170-180 to for free-eh)[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you got burned on those Value Lines too bigmike hehehe you’d have
to really hate someone a lot to do that to them LOL!!! :bigsmile:

Not really worth the time and expense to try and RMA all of those discs just to receive the same junk back again
and have to do it all over again, and again. Now if they would replace them with the Premium discs it might just
be worth it but that isn’t going to happen. :disagree:

I still love the Premium Line of TY discs and I hardly ever get a dud with them but when and if I do which isn’t
very often I just toss it out and keep right on happily burning. :iagree: :bigsmile:

Mine are coming tomorrow… I’ll let you know how some burns go…

try a 8x & a 12x burn
16x is not going to give you any good results
Good Luck!

Well, the “I told ya so’s” are right spot on… 20k+ pifs for dvd-r @ 16x… I haven’t done an 8x or 12x burn yet as I’ve been having some windows update issues w/ my desktop lately. Also I haven’t had a need to backup anything. No coasters sofar. That’s the last time I’ll buy TY-value discs they probably tarnish the good stuff since they’re made by the same company(ies).

Also, for some reason, the scans only seemed to run at 12x? and not 8x?

Haven’t tried any scans on them, but I got 2 100 pack spindles of the valuline TY/JVC when they were 15.99 shipped and they’ve burned with no problem and been perfectly playable so far (probably around 25 burned). Had been using silver top MCC-003 that I got at Micro Center for $19.99 per 100 pack but I decided to save those for when it counts. I also have a 100 spindle each of the Verb CMC +R and -R 16 and again, no failures yet. I was getting worried about some old CMCs I had from around '02-'04 (Imation, K-Hypermedia). I ripped them with no problem so apparently they’re not degrading. The only ones I’ve had problems with were Princo (big surprise) and some Memorex branded Riteks. I’ve been going through ripping anything I find on Princo and re-burning it to better media and so far no problems (had 3 or 4 a couple years ago that had some bad sectors but none lately) though I was using Pioneers to rip them.