200 JVC Taiyo Yuden Premium for $52 at SuperMediaStore

vbimport

What do you guys think? This seems like a good deal now that Verbatim AZO’s are getting hard to find. Link

[QUOTE=RG;2539950]What do you guys think? This seems like a good deal now that Verbatim AZO’s are getting hard to find. Link[/QUOTE]
IMHO, that is some of the best media on the market before Verbatim AZO became hard to find. Check out the best burn in my Sig. and NO I DID NOT PHOTSHOP the results, it was a real 100%. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2539956]IMHO, that is some of the best media on the market before Verbatim AZO became hard to find. Check out the best burn in my Sig. and NO I DID NOT PHOTSHOP the results, it was a real 100%. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:wink:

The real deal would be finding YUDEN000 T02 (8x DVD+R) at that price. TYG02 (8x DVD-R) has always been cheap (not to mention the old-school discussions about bonding and reflectivity).

At this time i am only ordering TY in tape wrap. My last cake box didn’t have enough spacers for a tight pack (the discs were crap because of the bouncing around), & when I wrote the retailer they discovered at least at that time a few months back it was a universal issue with all of their TY cakes.

The TY +Rs have ALWAYS been expensive… for some reason my burner is having problems with +Rs lately (pma update failure) so I gambled on the -r value line… big mistake. Will go back to Verbatim azos or something else. If necessary I’ll replace the drive-- not worth the aggrovation for a $25 drive.

Samsung Sh-s203n, btw

tmc8080, how many discs have you burned with your drive? Your drive may be failing. I have never had a dvd burner last more than a few hundred burns.