20 Verbatim DVD+R Dual Layer DL (MIS) @ $29.99

Found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Verbatim-DVD-R-Dual-Layer-DL-8x-USPS-Priority_W0QQitemZ150191282686QQihZ005QQcategoryZ80135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

seller says Made in Singapore :wink:

Don’t you believe it. Seen that many times where the seller has posted Made In Singapore but like the store you will receive whatever they happen to have in stock (MIS or MII). It’s still no guarantee. EDIT and it’s actually $35.99 shipped. Not worth it IMHO given the buy.com deal on the 8x official rated media where you are guaranteed MIS.

You must be the seller
dont know why people would post Ebay Deal here. Bargain basement is all about good deal at retail levels

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1947122]You must be the seller
dont know why people would post Ebay Deal here. Bargain basement is all about good deal [B]at retail levels[/B][/QUOTE]

And online :wink:

Anyway , the price is not that good specially after adding shipping costs

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;1947122]You must be the seller
dont know why people would post Ebay Deal here. Bargain basement is all about good deal at retail levels[/QUOTE]

no mate :disagree::disagree:

i myself is a Desperate guy looking for Verb dvd DL MIS :slight_smile:

if this Section is only for deals at retail levels,Mods can go ahead & remove this thread

It’s not that so much as the fact that it is very rare to get a good deal on media from ebay purchases. 99% of the time you can find a better deal in retail or online purchases from trusted businesses. The guarantees offered from ebay sellers are often false (as mentioned above). Someone posted about this seller in another forum and a bunch of people went and ordered and some of the folks still ended up getting MII. So once again when you have a guaranteed MIS deal that easily beats out the one you posted, then why bother? :wink:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;1947537]It’s not that so much as the fact that it is very rare to get a good deal on media from ebay purchases. 99% of the time you can find a better deal in retail or online purchases from trusted businesses. The guarantees offered from ebay sellers are often false (as mentioned above). Someone posted about this seller in another forum and a bunch of people went and ordered and some of the folks still ended up getting MII. So once again when you have a guaranteed MIS deal that easily beats out the one you posted, then why bother? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, only the 8x DL discs are guaranteed MIS. Most recent batches of the 2.4x DL discs are MII.

I just wanted to say that I’ve ordered from this auction (it’s a recurring auction) and they’ve been MIS discs.

I was sent MII by mistake once, and the seller quickly sent me replacement MIS discs.

And $35 shipped for 20 discs seems like a pretty good deal to me.
In the store today I saw 15 for $40 and even on buy.com/amazon.com they are like $40 for 20.

By the way, if we get the Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x discs, they are 100% MIS?
Is that right?

See here:

[QUOTE=camellote;1957143]beer call? BEER CALL!

This was not in the ads and is very YMMV. At Sam’s Club, I found 30-packs of Verbatim +R DL media for $31.00. I bought only one of those packs (it’s actually 3 10-packs bundled). They are MIS 2.4X made in 2005 and they have the note that says “UP to 8X speed…”.
As I said YMMV.[/QUOTE]

i just paid $39.99 locally for 20 d/l verbs. no clue where they were made or anything else. not sure how to even find out. my eyes cant read small print as well as they used to.

ok just found it. says made in Singapore.

[QUOTE=DeVante;1958265]I just wanted to say that I’ve ordered from this auction (it’s a recurring auction) and they’ve been MIS discs.

I was sent MII by mistake once, and the seller quickly sent me replacement MIS discs.

And $35 shipped for 20 discs seems like a pretty good deal to me.
In the store today I saw 15 for $40 and even on buy.com/amazon.com they are like $40 for 20.

By the way, if we get the Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x discs, they are 100% MIS?
Is that right?[/QUOTE]

The problem is though is that the seller wouldn’t do that for everybody. They need to move their MII packs as well as the MIS and make money. As for the last question Yes, the 8x official rated discs are guaranteed to be MIS. As a matter of fact buy.com still has a decent deal on them (not quite as good as it used to be though) that is comparable if not better than $35 for 20. Buy.com has the 15 packs of 8x official DL Verbatim for $34.24 shipped BUT if you use a given google checkout account (free to sign up for) for the first time they will knock $10 off the price at the checkout. No rebates or anything to bother with. So it works out to $24.24 shipped for 15 discs. So when you do a price per disc analysis it comes out to a little bit less, $1.62 per disc versus $1.75 per disc, but no gambling with getting MII.

http://www.buy.com/prod/verbatim-dvd-r-dl-8-5gb-8x-branded-15pk-spindle/q/loc/101/205631517.html