2 simple questions

1. Are you suppose to do a quick format (if you have data on it already) on a CDRW or a full format before you burn images using cloneCD?

2. What profile am i suppose to use with secuROM 4.83 when using alcohol120%. They have the following profiles to choose from:

• secuROM
  • secuROM(*NEW)
  • secuROM(*NEW 4.X)

I tried the last two profiles, and was not able to make a 1:1 backup. The only thing that could cause this is using a quick format instead of a complete format, and reading and writing at full speed.

Note: i noticed alcohol 120% claim to be able to do secuROM 4.X but im not so sure if this is true.

1. It really doesn’t matter, a quick format works fine.

2. Alcohol can make a working image to use as a virtual drive. Blindwrite can beat it. check here for more info. There is a newer version released since the original post so go get it and best of luck.

i’m pretty sure your not supposed to format a cd-rw at ALL when writing an image with clone

well if the cd-rw already has crap on it, then it does need to be erased. If its blank then go ahead and burn.

Originally posted by noboundary
[B]1) Are you suppose to do a quick format (if you have data on it already) on a CDRW or a full format before you burn images using cloneCD?

1. What profile am i suppose to use with secuROM 4.83 when using alcohol120%. They have the following profiles to choose from:
  • secuROM
  • secuROM(*NEW)
  • secuROM(*NEW 4.X)[/B]
    Before writing images: Quick Erase = ISO data and Full Erase = Packet Writing
  1. is a question for the Alcohol Forum but secuROM(*NEW 4.X) = SecuROM 4.83 (don’t you think, too?)

Originally posted by noboundary
Note: i noticed alcohol 120% claim to be able to do secuROM 4.X but im not so sure if this is true.
Note: they do not claim this; emulation only via image mounted on a Virtual CD-ROM

quick erase = ISO data?
full erase = packet writing??

so when i want to reuse a CDRW, and write to file on it using cloneCD or blindwrite. Do i do a quick fomat or full format?

regards
noboundary

A bit cryptic was I? It’s Erase, not Format.

If all you have written to the disc is data (previously) then do a Quick Erase…forget “format” for the moment as CloneCD does not format or unformat.

If the disc has been used for Packet Writing (Drag and Drop) then do a Full Erase.

Format is used to prepare a disc for Packet Writing with programs like DirectCD (Roxio) and InCD (Nero)

you were a little vague before, but the dust has clear up now. Thankyou.

regards
noboundary