2 Sheep with emulation?

vbimport

Ok, so if my cdrw is a 2 sheep writer, then can I still enable emulation or bypass efm errors and still get a working copy? I have a sony crx225e(2 sheep i think) and i’ve had trouble copying call of duty and battlefield 1942. With call of duty, everything seems to work fine until i install the patch v1.2. It says that pak0.pk3 is not a vaild previous version. No clue what that means. Battlefield has 2 or 3 errors that pop up while installing from cd1. I used clonecd for both of these. MOHAA and its expansion spear head work great and i’ve installed all the patches for them. Another thing. Battlefield plays in instant battle but nothing else. I try to install the 1.6 patch and afterwards, it wont even let me play the instant battle.

It says that pak0.pk3 is not a vaild previous version.

and

Battlefield has 2 or 3 errors that pop up while installing from cd1.

i think, your copys are not so good, maybe reading / writing speed was set too high?
seems to be data-corruption…

Ok, so if my cdrw is a 2 sheep writer, then can I still enable emulation or bypass efm errors and still get a working copy?

yes, of course - you can enable these options with any hardware, but if your copy works depends on more things than these both…

Well, first of all, thanks for your fast reply. My read speed was actually set at the highest :eek: , but I didn’t know that would be a problem. I learn something new everyday. I also should have been more thorough with my question about bypassing efm. I was wondering if i could just enable it as a precautionary action. Since i have a 2 sheep writer, is it against the rules or something to also enable the bypassing of efm. Also which do you think would be better for me and my system, clonecd or alco 120%. I have both but I dont know when to use each one.

Something else I forgot to mention. What is the best read and write speed to use while copying protected games? Any other tips you can give me. I’m not a complete idiot, but pretty close :slight_smile:

The “best” writing speeds are kind of dependent on your drive. Normally 4x or 8x is used. However this isn’t gospel. Some people will only write at 1x.

Does you game install and patch correctly from your original (not the copy). I have had a couple of games that come up with errors while installing from the originals. If so then the copies are doing this as well. So you truely have a 1:1 copy.:stuck_out_tongue:

If not then you have got a bad copy. Could be either reading or writing. Try re-imaging and burning at say 4x and see what happens.

Oh. Just remembered something else. Are you using good media. If not get some. It makes a difference. If you don’t know what your media is then take alook here.

On to EFM.
I think FP should answer this question. Taken from SafeDisc 2 Thread

IF YOUR WRITER’S NOT ON THE LIST

If you don’t have one of the known safedisc 2 killers referred to above, you will not be able to copy the latest safedisc 2 protected games (e.g. MOHAA, C&C Renegade) without special measures and your chances of getting a perfect copy are limited.

If your writer is not one of those listed above as a safedisc 2 killer, it may, nevertheless, succeed in making a working copy by amplifying weak sectors when burning the image. This option is referred to in clonecd as AWS, in blindwrite as enhance weak sectors, in alcohol 120% as bypass efm errors, and in cdmate as SAM but is not available in burnatonce, fireburner, cdrwin or nero nor AFAIK in discjuggler (someone please correct me if I’m wrong about discjuggler). [IMPORTANT NOTE: If your writer is a known safedisc 2 killer, you should never use this option; a) it isn’t necessary, and b) if you do, there is every chance you will get a coaster.]

However, you should note that there is no guarantee of success if amplifying weak sectors is necessary and results will vary from game to game and from writer to writer (even those of the same make, model and firmware) and, in the case of many writers will not work at all. You can but try, and, if it works, great; but, if it doesn’t, don’t be too disappointed.

And finally. A rough guide to what does what best.(ish)
Alcohol = SafeDisc, Starforce 1+2, SecuROM 4.85xx w/ emulation
Blindwrite = SecuROM 4.85xxx(perfect with Plex Premium)
CloneCD = SecuROM 4.85xxx(CloneCD + Twinpeaks + BWA), Laserlock, Ring Protech

Can’t Do = StarForce 3, Tages

> I think FP should answer this question.

I’m mortally offended. :frowning: :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]> I think FP should answer this question.

I’m mortally offended. :frowning: :bigsmile: :stuck_out_tongue: [/B]

Oh great, now you’ve offended philamber.

There there, it’s ok… :bigsmile:

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
There there, it’s ok… :bigsmile:

No it isn’t. :frowning: :sad: :bigsmile:

[Hint: Check the actual source and author of the passage quoted by Womble :stuck_out_tongue: ]

Why, YOU WROTE THAT THREAD!!!

:eek: :sad: :bow: Forgiveness please:bow: :sad: :eek: