2 Semi Dead/Dead 1640s

vbimport

i have 2 benq1640s that are semi dead /dead. if someone is able to repair drives or wants them for Disecting all i request is you pay postage… One is a sony rebadged benq which i crossflashed to 1640, another is a 1640 Both have issues burning disks at proper speeds often slowing to 1 or 2 speed. also can get errors ripping disks. that any other drive has none Sometimes they just plain refuse to acknowledge the discs exist as well :sad: So i have decided to either Bury them in my backyard:) or give them to someone who might ressucitate them :slight_smile:

Long Live The benq!

I wouldn’t mind taking a whack at reviving them. PM me with the cost of postage.

You mentioned you’re in Canada, so I’ll pass on the offer.

I’ll take the faceplates from the 1640’s if the shipping to Wisconsin is reasonable.
budzos

Just curious - are you getting 2 new (IDE?) drives to replace them?

[quote=morisato;2082056]i have 2 benq1640s that are semi dead /dead. if someone is able to repair drives or wants them for Disecting all i request is you pay postage… One is a sony rebadged benq which i crossflashed to 1640, another is a 1640 Both have issues burning disks at proper speeds often slowing to 1 or 2 speed. also can get errors ripping disks. that any other drive has none Sometimes they just plain refuse to acknowledge the discs exist as well :sad: So i have decided to either Bury them in my backyard:) or give them to someone who might ressucitate them :slight_smile:

Long Live The benq![/quote] I bet there is nothing wrong with your drives, have you changed the IDE ribbon?

Yup i changed the ide ribbon hell i changed The computers :wink: i even tried different o/s’s and formatted the system twice. and amazingly i went and got a new drive and it works fine on the system with any ide cable i’ve thrown at it.