vbimport

When I try to write a data file of over 2 Gigs to the
data DVD, using Nero OEM software, I get the message,
That the "file is over 2 gigs. If you add this file it
will only be readable under Windows 98, 2000, Win XP
(the UDF file system will be used)

Why am I getting this error? Is it the limitations of
the Nero Oem software, or does this have to do with
the hardware Megastore Madog dvd burner??

I am able to eventually write this 2 gig file succesfully, but don’t like the fact that I got that warning and that I can’t have it read from other OS systems…

I could be way wrong…but, I think it is simply telling you that some OS’s can not read files that are that large. For example, NT can not read large files(over 4GB I think). If this is the case then you have not much to worry about unless you are going to share this DVD with people running really old OS’s.

RichMan is correct.
It’s not something to worry about, Nero is telling you that it’s switching to UDF mode for the write process. As Nero says Windows 98 , 2000 & XP will have no problem reading it. It’s also likely that most others will read it as well.

But will my DVD be able to be read from a Mac or linux systems because I got that error??

Oh on a separate note, the 4 Gig limit is something that windows has due to their Fat system. NTFS format doesn’t have that limit…

Original posted by madatmaddog
But will my DVD be able to be read from a Mac or linux systems because I got that error??

I don’t know much (anything really) about Mac or linux systems. If they have UDF reader software then possibly.