2 GB Crucial Memory is $22.99

vbimport

Fry’s Electronic has 2GB Crucial Memory DDR2 PC6400 Dual Memory on sale today for $42.99-$20(MIR)=$22.99.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5527130

I have been very disappointed with Crucial products lately. Of the last 3 builds I have had one stick out of 3 different kits go bad. 2, 2gb kits of the PC6400 from the Ballistix line, and 1, 2gb kit 0f PC8500 also from the Ballistix line.

The PC8500 was returned to Crucial for replacement and the new kit has been running fine for about 3 weeks. 1 of the PC6400 kits was returned to Newegg and the replacement kit has been running fine for about 2 weeks. The other PC6400 kit will be returned shortly. No hurry on that one because I had an extra kit of their Tracer line at the same specs that I had lying around.

I have used Crucial almost exclusively in all my builds and never had a problem. Maybe my luck has run out? Or, maybe Crucial had a bad run? I will give them one more chance before switching.

By the way, all of this memory was running at specification. No overclocking.

the newer kits are high density and not as good as the older ones. Look for batch number 16FD5 and older. Anything with 16FE* are the newer batches and are not as good

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;2041133]the newer kits are high density and not as good as the older ones. Look for batch number 16FD5 and older. Anything with 16FE* are the newer batches and are not as good[/QUOTE]

Any sites post this info ?

I am in a great dilemma myself for getting high quality memory that is quaranteed to be Micron D9GKX , don’t know wich :frowning:

i never checked but does DDR2 memory work in motherboards that take DDR (3200) 400mhz stuff? … or the the way they plug into the memory slot different?

No. Different slots/number of pins/technology.

[QUOTE=dreamliner77;2042676]No. Different slots/number of pins/technology.[/QUOTE]

That is right completely different ball game.

ok thanks for clearing it up… i figured it would probably not work but i was never 100percent sure on it… now i know :wink:

thanks again