2 DVD-R drives

vbimport

I have two identical DVD-R drives and I would like to know if it is possible to burn two copies simultaneously. I operate a gospel demo studio and would like to shorten my production run time. thanks for any help you can give me.

Jimbo

It is certainly possible to burn with two dvd burners at the same time with a modern computer. Having two identical burners is not something I’ve tried though, and makes this a slightly more interesting proposition. :slight_smile:

I use a free burning program called ImgBurn. Most of the regulars here do also, as it is a very fine program. If you don’t have it, and wish to try it, download it from this page: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Click on any of the mirror links.

I’m sure ImgBurn will recognize both burners. If you are burning dvd-video, ImgBurn will recognize this and set the file system correctly for you, so if you get a message from ImgBurn asking to change a setting for you, let it do so.

You will need to run two instances of ImgBurn at the same time. Once you have started a burn, that particular drive will no longer be available for use, so only the second drive will show up to burn the next disc.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2678913]It is certainly possible to burn with two dvd burners at the same time with a modern computer. Having two identical burners is not something I’ve tried though, and makes this a slightly more interesting proposition. :slight_smile:

I use a free burning program called ImgBurn. Most of the regulars here do also, as it is a very fine program. If you don’t have it, and wish to try it, download it from this page: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Click on any of the mirror links.

I’m sure ImgBurn will recognize both burners. If you are burning dvd-video, ImgBurn will recognize this and set the file system correctly for you, so if you get a message from ImgBurn asking to change a setting for you, let it do so.

You will need to run two instances of ImgBurn at the same time. Once you have started a burn, that particular drive will no longer be available for use, so only the second drive will show up to burn the next disc.[/QUOTE]

@ Kerry, I did not know it was possible to do that with image burn. Good to know that. Thanks. We all learn something new every day.

Mr. Bill :cool:

I would copy the file you want to burn to another HD and choose one for one burner and the copied file for the second burner. This makes it a lot quicker.