2 copies of Version 5 of DVDFAB in 1 PC

vbimport

Hi folks,

DVDFAB has been coming out with new updates and the fluency is really fast. However, I sometimes hesitate to download the latest version for fear that there are bugs.

I find it rather annoying to uninstall a stable version to find that new version is buggy. I have to reinstall the stable version again.

In that case, please advice if I can (& how) to install 2 version of the DVDFAB. Say for example… Version 5.0.7.6 & 5.0.8.0 into the same PC and same HDD.

Of course, if the latest version proved to be stable then deletion of the previous version will be done.

Thank you
Chow

You can not, unless you have a dual boot setup and one copy on each.

Thanks

Yo Sea Monster
Why dont you just save the install package on your computer I many many others do, this way you can complete any testing you are doing. :smiley:

This way after your testing if you find that ver it is in fact stable or not depending on your needs, you can then put that stable ver in an archive folder and then install the next ver you have not tested that is in a download folder waiting to be tested :cool:

Course you may find your archive grows very fast like mine :eek: I dont seem to have to many problems or issues with most if not all releases :clap: I keep them just in case another member needs or wants to revert back to an older version. :wink:

Have a nice day :flower:
and do try and cut back on the seaweed juice :bigsmile:

Hi Sea,

I always stay a few versions behind. I figure if it is working well, why update. If I run into a protection problem then I will update. I let the others do the testing. :bigsmile:

Nothing wrong with the way rogman49 does it, but I’m with SJ.
When you update, simply choose[B] save[/B] and then run the installer.
In this day and age, the amount of space taken up to archive 'em doesn’t amount to peanuts.

I always update and hardly ever need to revert.

[B]@SM[/B]…I don’t mean this as a personal criticism, but you seem to have a lot of trouble with this program. Something is very wrong with your rig.
Maybe it’s the seaweed?..:eek::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=maineman;2106593]Maybe it’s the seaweed?..:eek::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

lol

Dear All,

Thank you for your comments. I have versions

DVDFab 5.0.7.6 (Current)

DVDFab 5.0.7.5
DVDFab 5.0.7.2
DVDFAB 5.0.6.0
DVDFab 5.0.6.0
DVDFab 5.0.5.0
DVDFab 5.0.3.0
DVDFab 5.0.2.5

DVDFab 5.0.2.2
DVDFab 5.0.2.0
DVDFab5.0.0.0
& DVD4.1.2.0

All in archive. But I do not want to get rid of any of those versions. Just do not know which version has problems and which is good. So far I think the current version is really stable. No problems whatsoever.

Thank you

P/S : We should urge Fengtao to have a break…BEIJING OLYMPICS is starting soon.
Chow

[quote=maineman;2106593]

[B]@SM[/B]…I don’t mean this as a personal criticism, but you seem to have a lot of trouble with this program. Something is very wrong with your rig.
Maybe it’s the seaweed?..:eek::bigsmile:[/quote]

Dear Maineman,

Thank you for your concern…:bigsmile: Actually, I am not having any problems. But I seldom burn to Disk any more due to lack of time, now I ripped to my IPOD so I can view the movies on the way to work.

On the other hand, I am using a Notebook and therefore, not be able to fully utilized the program. + my ripping takes about 1-2hours.

I wanted to getting a new PC (Desktop) with better RAM & GHZ. But (my other half…wife) feels that it is not necessary. I nagged but still can’t get her to agree with me…:sad:

Nevertheless, I am still holding onto the $$$. So my urge is so great that I may just go buy a PC and try to HIDE it from her.

Ha Ha Ha.

Chow.

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2106612] Actually, I am not having any problems. But I seldom burn to Disk any more due to lack of time, now I ripped to my IPOD so I can view the movies on the way to work.

On the other hand, I am using a Notebook and therefore, not be able to fully utilized the program. + my ripping takes about 1-2hours.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear your problems have pretty much resolved. 1-2 hours for converting a movie is not bad at all.

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2106612]I wanted to getting a new PC (Desktop) with better RAM & GHZ. But (my other half…wife) feels that it is not necessary. I nagged but still can’t get her to agree with me…:sad:
[/QUOTE]
Me too, but I have a very similar problem…:eek::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2106612]Nevertheless, I am still holding onto the $$$. So my urge is so great that I may just go buy a PC and try to HIDE it from her.

Ha Ha Ha.

Chow.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, good luck with [B]THAT[/B]…:eek:
You’ll have to let us know how that goes…:stuck_out_tongue:

[B]Flash[/B]…[B]Breaking News[/B]
The Sea Monster has been spotted heading to the coral reef
it has been said that he goes there for cream of shrimp soup in an eatable jelly fish bowl,
it has also been said along with his soup he drinks a large sockeye glass of seaweed juice.

Although this can not be conconfirmed, it is said he has trouble finding the exit.

Here is a photo takin from the security sea cam.

[quote=StormJumper;2106748][B]Flash[/B]…[B]Breaking News[/B]
The Sea Monster has been spotted heading to the coral reef
it has been said that he goes there for cream of shrimp soup in an eatable jelly fish bowl,
it has also been said along with his soup he drinks a large sockeye glass of seaweed juice.

Although this can not be conconfirmed, it is said he has trouble finding the exit.

Here is a photo takin from the security sea cam.[/quote]

StormJumper…I love the attachment…Cool? How did you do that?

Actually, that was not me…that’s was my wife looking for me. HAHAHA.

Take Care

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2106858]StormJumper…I love the attachment…Cool? How did you do that?

Actually, that was not me…that’s was my wife looking for me. HAHAHA.

Take Care[/QUOTE]

[B]R[/B][B]i[/B][B]g[/B][B]h[/B][B]t[/B] :bigsmile:
have a seahorse that states it was you :stuck_out_tongue:

edit BTW…like I said it was takin from the security sea cam at the coral reef tavern :bigsmile: