2 AVIs to one DVD

Hello- ive searched and found a few references to this question, but still cant grasp it…

how do i put multiple AVIs onto one DVD? i have 2 AVIs around 700 mb each, i want to burn them onto one dvd.

o yes, and this is a rare occurence, so im looking to do it for free (without having to buy the software i may never use again.

what program(s) should i use to convert a 700mb avi to a 700-2000mb dvd? i tried using tmpgenc as someone suggested but couldnt convert to smaller than a 2500mb file (and 2 of those prob wont fit on a dvd.)

then, i guess i could use tmpg dvd author to take those now DVDs and burn them onto one DVD, and have a menu to choose which to watch?

thanks much for any help.

KP

Try one of these three programs, all free to download and use: FAVC, DVDFlick or AVStoDVD

All are easily found through Google. If you use FAVC, you’ll need to install AviSynth and Net 2.0 also, but they are also free to use and there are links to them at the FAVC site. http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/
You’ll want to choose the HC encoder that comes with FAVC for the best quality output.

The output will be set to fit onto a blank dvd, and you can make menus with any of these programs so that you can select which video you want to watch.

Thanks for the reply.

i am currently running avi2dvd. for the other program, FAVC, since the output is set to one blank dvd, does that mean the input can be 2 AVIs instead of 1? (ive never seen one of these programs have the option for 2 input movies, just one- including AVI2DVD.)

thanks much for your help.

Yes, I believe you can use up to 8 titles in FAVC. But converting to mpeg2 used in dvd-video, you probably don’t want to use more than two or three 700mb avi files as input.

You can of course change the output to fit a dual layer dvd and put approximately twice as many into the compilation.

try XILISOFT dvd creator this will compress the files and fit 2 full size films on one disk.

@duncan30c
pap0007 is looking for a free solution.
And the trial of Xilisoft DVD Creator puts a watermark on the output files.

[quote=Terramex;2199553]@duncan30c
pap0007 is looking for a free solution.
And the trial of Xilisoft DVD Creator puts a watermark on the output files.[/quote]
sorry forgot about that, but he can always look for one on limewire or any other download site.

[quote=duncan30c;2200223]sorry forgot about that, but he can always look for one on limewire or any other download site.[/quote]Please do not encourage other members to acquire illegally-distributed software versions: you should know better from the forum rules.

Consider this a warning.

Kerry56- thanks so much, FAVC works like a dream. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT.

have a good one…