2.8.2.1 crashes at startup

vbimport

Hi all,
I am new to the forums. I ran CloneDVD 2 version 2.7.5.1 without any problem.
Today I installed version 2.8.2.1 over my existing installation. After rebooting I tried to start CloneDVD but it crashed.
Out of the event log I only got the information about an error in kernel32.dll.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help.

I would try to uninstall the program and the reinstall the 2.8.2.1.

Uninstalled and reinstalled 2.8.2.1 but no change.
Always the same error in kernel32.dll.

when you uninstall did you make sure that the pro file is not in you hard drive?

Sorry, but which ‘pro file’ do you mean ?

The one located ~ at c:/program file/elby
They elby or slysoft sould be deleted as will when u install

Uninstalled, deleted program directory and registry entries of elby and reinstalled.
No change !

Have you tried disabling all startup programs in msconfig to verify there is no conflict with other software. Yes I’m aware 2.7.5.1 had no problems on your machine.

Disableing all startup programs (but leaving the services untouched) produces the same error.
I checked for conflicts with other burning software (uninstalled two programs) but found no hint to solve the problem.

There might be one more thing to it. Did you get ur computer up-to-date?
What i mean is that have you install the service pack 2 or not, some times it would help.

I am running SP2 and installed the latest updates from MS.

Does anybody know any incompatibility with other programs installed, or is CloneDVD using 3rd party software (like directx or some codecs) which I should check ?

Are you using AnyDVD with CloneDVD? If you are make certain the version is 5.1.1.1 and no other.

I don’t have AnyDVD installed.

If you dom’t have AnyDVD installed what process are you using to removed the copy protection? Clone DVD will not work with a copy protected disk, however it should not crash your computer.
Kindly provide a little more information of what steps you are taking to burn a DVD.

I use DVD Decrypter to rip the whole DVD to HD and then I process and burn with CloneDVD.
I do it this way because most of the time I make different backups from one DVD (complete, main movie, subtitle and language selections).