2.16 write strategies + SL Bitsetting firmware?

vbimport

I formerly had Herrie’s 107v2b5 flashed on my drive but didn’t have much luck with burns. A few G04 disks had errors toward the edge when tested on a DVD-ROM drive even when burned at x4. However, I flashed to the official 2.16 firmware and have had fantastic write quality since then. I’ve gone through nearly 50 burns and haven’t had a bad one since. I scan all my burns too on my DVD-ROM. I’m not joking when I say the quality is night and day.

But I need the SL bitsetting support.

Is there a firmware out there that has the newer 2.16 write strategies but with the SL bitsetting? I assume some of the sister drives like the TDKs have had updated firmware since 2.16. Anyone know where I could grab such firmware?

Ther quality of RITEK G04 also is night and day; burn at 4X and all will be burned good, is it that bad to wait 4 more minutes.

A few G04 disks had errors toward the edge when tested on a DVD-ROM drive even when burned at x4.

About half of a 50 pack was burned with Herrie’s and I had some bad burns. The rest was burned when I flashed with 2.16. No bad burns on the rest of the pack. I highly doubt I got a stack where the top half was bad media and the bottom half was good.