1st-class DVD-burner for AUDIO-CDs in SATA

Hi@all!!

I am searching for a DVD-burner which can burn AUDIO-CDs in outstanding quality.

My Plextor 760SA is slowly growing old, and I try to look for a replacement.

I heard Plextor stopped producing their own burners with the 760-model.

So, are the “new” Plextors also as excellent in AUDIO-CD-burning or which burner in SATA-mode would you recommend?

Like said: only for burning AUDIO-CDS.
For DVDs I use Pioneer (216L and/or 212).
But I do not like their AUDIO-CD-burning performances (compare to the Plextor).

Thank you very much!

:cool:

Hi,[QUOTE=luxendel;2281644]I am searching for a DVD-burner which can burn AUDIO-CDs in outstanding quality.

My Plextor 760SA is slowly growing old, (…)
So, are the “new” Plextors also as excellent in AUDIO-CD-burning(…)?[/quote]No. The latest Plextor branded drives are recycled Liteons. Their audio CD capabilities are - erhm - limited.

Like said: only for burning AUDIO-CDS.
For DVDs I use Pioneer (216L and/or 212).
But I do not like their AUDIO-CD-burning performances (compare to the Plextor).

Pioneer drives are among the best for audio CD. If you are not satisfied with them, you have to give up. You may try an Optiarc 720xS series drive, but at least my own 7200A is not better than my Pioneer 112D (@112L).

Michael

I agree with mciahel, but I’d still recommend a real CD writer if you really want the highest quality possible. While there aren’t any SATA CD Writers (that I know of :p) available in the market, you could try an IDE-SATA bridge or even an IDE-USB bridge or enclosure and pair it with a legendary CD Writer like a Yamaha CRW-F1, Plextor Premium/II, or a LiteOn LTR-52327S. While these may be hard to find or are expensive, they will fulfill your demands perfectly.

…except if you really need DVD capability. :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:

Hi,[QUOTE=evo69;2281677]but I’d still recommend a real CD writer if you really want the highest quality possible.[/quote]Unfortunately this does not apply to the newer drives that are still available. :frowning:
So you have to stick with older drives as you already mentioned.

Michael

Thank you!!!

Got an 7201S…will see about him…

so is true to say that drives like:

http://www.liteonit.eu/pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=36&Itemid=142

in fact that they are cdrw writers are better for burning audio cds than ANY dvd writer?

No. Not at all. Recent Liteon CD writers aren’t good anymore. Even my slightly older SOHR-5239V is not, what I would consider a good CD burner.
I have no idea why Liteon still has these drives in their portfolio :confused:

Michael why would u say that 7200a is worse than your old pioneer in terms of audio cd burning? im trying to decide between pio 116 and 7200a, which one would u choose to burn audio with?

Hi,[QUOTE=7lucca;2281724]Michael why would u say that 7200a is worse than your old pioneer in terms of audio cd burning?[/quote]I wrote “[I]not better[/I]”, which is not equivalent with “worse” :wink: My personal benchmark is the playability of burnt CD-R in my extremely picky JVC player. Both, the 112 and the 7200 do a decent job here.
The few scans I’ve made are not enough to judge if one of these drives is clearly better than the other. And scans don’t really matter with real world application :slight_smile:

im trying to decide between pio 116 and 7200a, which one would u choose to burn audio with?
Get both. :bigsmile: But I have no idea about the CD-R performance of the 116.

Michael

@ luxendel,

Perhaps reviewing the information contained in the below referenced Web Page will be helpful to you in selecting an Optical Drive that meets your needs ->

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=18088

Regards,
bjkg

That thread is about reading, not writing :wink:

[QUOTE=luxendel;2281692]Thank you!!!

Got an 7201S…will see about him…[/QUOTE]

The 7201S is a good Audio CD writer as long as you burn at around 16x (and also depending on the media used). This drive is also a very good overall drive which burns dual layer media well. :smiley: