1Click DVD Copy Pro Vs. DVDFab "DVD to DVD"

I have been searching the net for hours and have come down to these two. Let’s put cost out of the equation.

What produces best quality AND is simple to use? This will be for my GF and she is not too tech oriented. Both seem to be pretty simple from screen shots. She will be copying from Retail to DVD5.

Also, do either of these need AnyDVD?

Thanks!

Neither of them needs AnyDVD. DVDFab has it’s decrytper built in and 1Click DVDCopy Pro uses CPRX technology which allows it to work perfectly with the free decrypter DVD 43. DVDFab cannot function with AnyDVD, but 1Click can if that’s what you’d like to use instead of DVD43. The good part of buying AnyDVD is if you were to eventually want to copy Blurays, then AnyDVD-HD is a must. It is the only decrypter that can defeat BD+ Bluray encryption.

People will evenly say good and bad about each of the programs. They both are relatively easy to use, but 1Click outputs a better quality back-up on higher conpression movies, movies like King Kong which is a 3 hour movie and requires a hell of a lot of compression to get it down to 4.35 GBs.

The good news is that you can use either for a free trial period. 1Click has a 10 day or three movie free trial period… and with DVDFab, not sure what their free trial period is now since they’ve restructured their pricing.

Give them both a try before you buy…

Thank you for the quick reply!

Little confused however, if both programs don’t really need AnyDVD, why would I need DVD43? I thought AnyDVD/DVD43 do the same thing, just that DVD43 is the free alternative and slower on updates?

[QUOTE=ZzBloopzZ;2288581]Thank you for the quick reply!

Little confused however, if both programs don’t really need AnyDVD, why would I need DVD43? I thought AnyDVD/DVD43 do the same thing, just that DVD43 is the free alternative and slower on updates?[/QUOTE]

The reason that DVDFab doesn’t need either AnyDVD or DVD43 is because it has it’s own decrypter built in.

And 1Click uses CPRX, which it updates regularly to defeat other encryptions that movie studios put on DVDs nowadays.
It just doesn’t has basic CSS decrypter, due to legal issues, thus why it needs DVD43 or AnyDVD.
But 1Click can use the free decrypter DVD43 because it does it’s own error correction(CPRX) to defeat the other encryption strategies.

Thank You! Makes perfect sense. Tough choice! Seems like both have great support and updated frequently.

I will most likely end up with 1Click since you said it has slightly better output quality for long movies.

Any other comments from other users?

Thanks

The other all-in-one dvd program to look into is DVDNeXTCopy 3. It doesn’t have a decrypter built in, but there is a third party plug in that does this job instead of DVD43.

And it has nextTech, which is their version of CPRX.

Personally, I’d just use the free tools: DVDFab HD Decrypter, DVDShrink and ImgBurn. Together, they make excellent backups. This combination of programs isn’t an all in one package though, so it might not suit your GF.

Just to give an update.

I ended up using 1Click DVD Copy Pro + DVD43 combo. My god is it EASY and fast! Quality is fantastic as well.

Thanks guys!

DVDfab “DVD to DVD” is the best solution. I think DVDfab could get rid of everything else in my opinion. There are better programs for encoding to another format, such as H.264. But that’s my two cents.

I have done a little research on 1Click, and you need the Pro version to copy the main movie, not even sure if it lets you edit the selection. Like me, I only choose the English audio, which is usually Dolby Surround 5.1 on most movies. So all my movies have the video, and 1 audio. I don’t really care for subtitles and extras.

[QUOTE=ZzBloopzZ;2289247]Just to give an update.

I ended up using 1Click DVD Copy Pro + DVD43 combo. My god is it EASY and fast! Quality is fantastic as well.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Hi! I can’t seem to find DVD43 anywhere on the net. I guess this is an old thread, so probably the software has evolved and moved on. However, I find myself in a likewise situation as the topic starter - can anyone give me an update on this? Sorry to dig up such an old thread :flower:

Sorry to dig up such an old thread

No prob!..We welcome all archeologists with a :)…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD43

try this, I have been doing the same:
http://www.best-dvd-burning-software-reviews.com/

[QUOTE=emildandrea;2542152]try this, I have been doing the same:
http://www.best-dvd-burning-software-reviews.com/[/QUOTE]
Don’t believe what that link says as it does not give the true facts for all those programs

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to give an update.

I ended up migrating to DVDFab and like it much better. I don’t even need DVD43 or AnyDVD anymore. Quality is great, better interface and fast updates.

[QUOTE=ZzBloopzZ;2550538]I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to give an update.

I ended up migrating to DVDFab and like it much better. I don’t even need DVD43 or AnyDVD anymore. Quality is great, better interface and fast updates.[/QUOTE]

DVDFab is a good all-in-one solution. :iagree:

It’s only when you start to delve into the more complicated stuff that you’ll need any additional software.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=ZzBloopzZ;2550538]I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to give an update.

I ended up migrating to DVDFab and like it much better. I don’t even need DVD43 or AnyDVD anymore. Quality is great, better interface and fast updates.[/QUOTE]

Hey ZzBloopzZ

Nice to hear DVDFab is now in your toolbox :bigsmile:

If you ever need help don’t hesitate to ask for help in the DVDFab forum here at MyCE, also you may find some interesting reading in the guides below in my signature. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Great to know! Thanks StormJumper. :c)

[QUOTE=ZzBloopzZ;2550678]Great to know! Thanks StormJumper. :)[/QUOTE]

Your welcome my friend :wink:

Nice to have you back with us :clap: and have a nice week ahead :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]