$179,99 Blu-ray player on Thanksgiving at Sears

vbimport

I just posted the article $179,99 Blu-ray player on Thanksgiving at Sears….

With only a month to go before Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales start we noticed the first available deals. At Sears they will offer a $179,99 Sony Blu-ray player, says I4U News. This means that…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15158-17999-Blu-ray-player-on-Thanksgiving-at-Sears___.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15158-17999-Blu-ray-player-on-Thanksgiving-at-Sears___.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Buying electronics… at Sears? Something’s not right about that. Kind of like watching your mom and dad’s private “home video”. I don’t know about Americans, but Canadians tend to buy their electronics at Future Shop or Best Buy. Sears is usually reserved for clothes and snowblowers. Actually, we get our snowblowers at Canadian Tire. Sooo… I guess just clothes.

“Is there anyone here who plans to sleep in front of Sears to get the cheap Blu-ray player next month?”

Why? There will be plenty of players even the next day or Sunday as no one will be there to buy them. Same thing happened with HD DVD at Walmart when they tried to dump them. they sat in decorative stacks in the middle of the aisles for people to look at as they walked past…

The “magic” pricepoint to sell a Blu-ray player, that will cause a line to form, is $99,99 plus 2 free BR movies.

“The “magic” pricepoint to sell a Blu-ray player, that will cause a line to form, is $99.99 plus 2 free BR movies.”

Yeah, that would do it for me. I could use it as a DVD upsampler, if nothing else. The way the economy is going, we might see that deal very soon.

Clothes at Sears ?? I don’t think so …lol

While I’m certainly not a fan of Sears, a couple of weeks ago I managed to snag a few pairs of Dockers pants for just $30 (regularly $65) each. Saving money on clothes = more money on strippers. Hey, I’m all about supporting single moms.

Maybe you can get some penny loafers there as well to go with your new Dockers! :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile::wink:

Okay, sure. Wait… what?

(Confused, Duke backs away… slowly.)

Good news is, when this kind of deal get noticed by other retailers, they will try to beat em. Then we will see $149 blu-ray players all over the place for BF. Hopefully they are as good as this Sony S350 one, and not the Sylviana kind!

@Crabby wrote “The “magic” pricepoint to sell a Blu-ray player, that will cause a line to form, is $99,99 plus 2 free BR movies.”

Don’t think that’s going to happen when DVD upconverter is still around that price range ($69 - $99 or more). Maybe Insignia or similar but not brand-name.

Canadians get their clothes at Sears? lol Americans but hand tools there not much else. But OMG not clothes!!!