16x Verbatim +R MCC04 - 50 Discs - $15 - No Rebate Required

Yo-

As said by chas0039 in another thread - Office Max has the 16x +R Verbatim 50 piece cakeboxes for $14.99 here:

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-1610650057&prodBlockOID=1611316219

Interestingly enough - if you buy four - the shipping is free-eh!

Why yes it is. :cool: Even though i don’t need any more (i picked up 2/50’s from BB last week and have 200/YUDEN000T02 coming from Rima) this is too good to pass up. Even though OM is only about 4 miles away i think i’ll let them burn up their fossil fuel. :bigsmile: Thanks Mike. :clap:

Fantastic deal, Mike, especially with the free shipping. I loaded up on 200 of these, and a bit tempted to get more!

Thanks for the info on this wonderful bargain.

The CMC burn better in a wider range or burners. Look for high lip and center hub on the case and the lighter purple label.

Yo chas0039-

Got four of the Verbatim 16x +R cakebox 50’s (one from BB last week which I liked so much that I got three more from OM today) and all are CMC (PAPA’s)-eh!

Thanks for the hints to the good stuff!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7]Yo chas0039-

Got four of the Verbatim 16x +R cakebox 50’s (one from BB last week which I liked so much that I got three more from OM today) and all are CMC!

[QUOTE]

I thought the Verbatim’s were only MCC004’s?

I was just reading over on Digitalfaq.com that Verbatim uses Taiyo Yuden to manufacture their DVD’s for the European market. What a pity we can’t get our paws on some of those babies!

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter][QUOTE=bigmike7]Yo chas0039-

Got four of the Verbatim 16x +R cakebox 50’s (one from BB last week which I liked so much that I got three more from OM today) and all are CMC!

I thought the Verbatim’s were only MCC004’s?

Yo WP-

You are correct - the 16x +R’s are MCC04’s

However they come in two varieties - CMC (the good ones) and Princo (the not so good ones - but OK)

One of the ways to tell - is the “PAPA” in the seriel number = CMC and a “+” or “-” in the seriel number = Princo-eh!

Not Princo bigmike7, Prodisc. Heaven help us all if MCC was using Princo to make its discs. The Prodisc MCC004 work just as well as the CMC-made ones in my experience, so no reason to pick one over the other if you ask me.

I almost wonder if the inconsistacy that a few people are getting has more to do with the drives rather than who made it. I have always gotten clean burns with mcc004 with my 3500 and now with my plextor 740 (still running plex firmware, too lasy to cross flash) but I was setting up a benq1650 for someone about a week ago and mcc004 burned inconsistantlly (from a known good pack).

I’ve only found 8x Verb TYs so far (and had to pay a premium for them) in a B&M in my city. Shame you guys don’t seem to have them, though.

It’s really no big deal. We can get TY as Sony brand (8x DVD+R and DVD-R, and 16x DVD-R) at retail stores.

Most of the Verbatim DVD media for the EU market, from what I’ve read, is still MCC.

Yo-

OOPS!!! My Bad!!!

Brain Fart From OF-eh!

Well, the local B&M stores (Staples, Sams, Circuit City) now have the Sony 8x DVD+R that used to be “Made in Japan” (yuden000t02-00) are now MIT. :Z :eek: So, they’ve dried up here (Temple, TX)

dried up in syracuse new york, seekonk/attleboro massachusetts, and ALL major retail stores in rhode island as well

(yes, i have too much time on my hands)

Well, there’s always unbranded TY online :iagree:

[O/T] Yep, because I’m burning through some VERY mediocre Fuji 30-pk TY, both yuden000t02-00 and tyg02 that look pristine, but are burning with 250-750+ PIF. I know it’s the the media, because when I get to a batch I know is good, I’m back to <200 totals. Rima.com will be my next stop, when I finish off this Fuji colored spindle stuff.

250 to 750 PIF doesn’t sound mediocre to me. What are the PIE and PIF max and average values?

well, when I’ve been getting <150 PIF totals for all the spindles up until the last 20, I know I’ve got some Fuji TY that was sitting in the heat too long, possibly, or exposed to too much light before I got it. I got them from Staples when they were $9.99 30-pk colored. I even ordered some “burnmaster TY” from AllMediaOutlet and when I told them my PIF totals were 500-750 and that usually my Fuji TY gave me <250 PIF totals at the worst, they refunded my money, and when they got them, told me that sure enough “they were damaged in some way” when they scanned them :stuck_out_tongue: