16X not recognized for PX-716UF

vbimport

Hello, I recently purchased a PX-716UF, and I use Windows XP Pro. My problem is that I can’t choose to burn dvds in 16X speed even if I wanted to. I used the Plextools Pro, and nero Infotool, and I can’t choose 16X for some reason. All I see is 8X and lower speed. I used Memorex 8X dVD+R, and HP 8x DVD-R. I use Nero Express for burning dvds and it also seems to think that max speed for my 716UF is 8X. How do I fix this?
thanks

Dan

The PX-716A probably won’t overspeed the particular discs you have. They’re probably all CMC media codes. You should refer to the recommended media list on Plextor’s site.

Small addition: the applications such as InfoTool and PlexTools will show the maximum burn speed that the drive reports. In other words: you won’t see 16x burn speeds unless you insert a 16x compatible media in your drive. Welcome to the forums korench :wink:

If you live in the US, these are some media that you can find in stores and can be burn at 12x and 16x:

• Fuji/TDK/Sony 8x DVD+R (must be Made in Japan), Media ID: YUDEN000-T02. Can be burn @8x, 12x and 16x.
  • Fuji 8x DVD-R (must be Made in Japan), Media ID: TYG02. Can be burn @8x, 12x and 16x.
  • Verbatim 8x DVD+R, Media ID: MCC003. Can be burn @8x and 12x.
  • Verbatim 16x DVD+R, Media ID: MCC004. Can be burn @8x, 12x and 16x.

Currently Fuji DVD±R is on sale at BestBuy, 50pack for $19.99.