16x burning like 4x?

vbimport

Hello ALL :bigsmile:

I’m a newbie to the whole DVd Burner scene and was hoping I could get some advice. I just bought the BenQ 1620 pro since it seemed to get the best reviews and have tried burning some dvds at 16x to see how fast it would burn. Well, i was disappointed to say the least…I was using a 4x TDk Indidvd burner before and it seems my BenQ is taking just as much time to burn at 16x as my TDk toke at 4x!

I’m assuming that the error must be mine cause this just can’t be possible…so can anyone point me in the right direction?

I was using FujiFilm media bytheway, dvd+r 8x media.

P.S.
oh yeah, another thing worth mentioning: When its burning it shows the estimated time for completion. At 16x the time usually says about 5mins but it will count down to zero and the burn will only be at 20% and still burning… :confused:

Check for the most common problem first: download CD-DVD Speed 3.80, insert a data/video DVD into the drive and run the burst rate test (press F6 or look under “Run Test” menu). It should show about 23 MB/s. If it shows anything less, do the steps outlined in this thread: Enabling/ Checking DMA In Windows XP, 2000, Me, 9x.

Much Appreciation Agent!! Its Worked!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

BOOOOYAHHH!!! :iagree: :bigsmile: :iagree: :bigsmile: :iagree:

:bow: :bow: