16H5S doesnt like burning TYG02 at 8x

Hi
New drive…8x burns have terrible spikes at the start in PIF and PIE…at 4x burns are great PIF only reaching 2 which im happy about (95% rating).burn the same discs usiny my Benq burning at 8x…no prob…do i have to burn a few more discs at 8x in order for it to ‘learn’.Firmware LSOR btw.Theres no LSOT as in the review.Any body any ideas why?
Thanks
john

Hi :slight_smile:
Somewhere Dee has already said that quite often they get a DVDRW to review with prerelease f/w. I find this interesting in that the drive in the review has white tray, I’ve only found black trays. The f/w by the time it’s released may well have undergone changes. So you’ll just have to wait & see. You don’t mention which BenQ your using, but as you can see by my sig. I think for the money they’re difficult to beat.

Hi
BenQ 1640 using the latest O firmware
Also done some TRT with both drives…on the same disc the graph is smooth on my BenQ yet drops in the graph when looked at on my Lite On…got me baffled anyway.Seems as if the BenQ has better error correction hence the smooth curve.
John

Hi :slight_smile:
My favourite combo at the moment. 1640 with BSOB. :bigsmile: :iagree: :clap:

Hi
this is what i mean…burnt at 8x

Compared with this…burnt at 4x…have i a defective drive? Surely burning at 8x isnt asking too much of a P4 3.0…running 3 gig of ram…like i say b4 tho’ the Benq 1640 8x burn is very similar to the Lite On burnt at 4x…could it be a firmware issue? Tried burning with Nero and Decrypter…same result at 8x