165P6S and Overburning/DAE Quality Test

Hi, I have the official MS0P firmware on Lite-On SHM-165P6S. The problem is that I can’t test overburning and DAE Quality Test!
My Nero is the last Updated Nero 7.
What’s wrong with it?
Please help me!
Thank you in advance.

Ahoy matey!

Ye need to insert a blank CD-R for t’ overburning test. Have ye done that?

Ye need to insert an Audio CD for t’ DAE Quality Test. Have ye done that?

Arrr!

Thank you! :slight_smile:
Yes, i have inserted an blank CD-R of 99mins for overburning test (2 different type).
And after, i’ve tried DAE quality test with my Original CD Audio of Rhapsody =) but i don’t see nothing, and i can’t start the tests.

Thats normal - you need to create a special test-cd at first.
You can do that within Nero CD/DvD Speed under Extra - Advanced… create test CD.

(at least I hope so, because I use the german version, which means the names can be a bit different…)

But there is a great CD/DVD-Speed guide out there - please read that!

Hi,
for the LiteOn 165P6S what offset did you get?

I got 0 bytes even though the http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm lists my drive as +48bytes?

Maybe a new firmware makes changes?

Thanks,
AgentNoel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offset
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 bytes (0 samples)

Sequential Read Test
Average Speed: 33.97 X
Data errors: 0
Sync errors: 0

Random Read Test
Average Access Time:  142 ms
Data errors: 0
Sync errors: 0
Total Data Errors: 0
Total Sync Errors: 0
Quality Score: 100.0

On The Fly Copying Simulation
Copying at 1 x
OK
Copying at 2 x
OK
Copying at 4 x
OK
Copying at 6 x
OK
Copying at 8 x
OK
Copying at 10 x
OK
Copying at 12 x
OK
Copying at 16 x
OK

CD Text
Drive is capable of reading CD Text information

Subchannel Data
Test 1
  Track (01): 01
  Relative position (01:05.00): 01:05.00
  Absolute position (01:07.00): 01:07.00
  Index (5): 5

Test 2
  Track (17): 17
  Relative position (01:33.00): 01:33.00
  Absolute position (33:35.00): 33:35.00
  Index (1): 1

Test 3
  Track (36): 36
  Relative position (00:00.00): 00:00.00
  Absolute position (70:02.00): 70:02.00
  Index (1): 1

Lead-in
Drive can read max. 148 sectors (-00:01.73) from the Lead-in

Lead-out
Drive can read max. 6749 sectors (-01:29.74) from the Lead-out

Test completed
Elapsed Time:  0:17:56

Hi AgentNoel, congrats on your first post at CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

CDSpeed measures the combined read/write offset which for these LiteOn drives is zero, because the read offset and write offset are equal so they cancel each other out.

The read offset correction listed at AccurateRip is correct, and its +6 samples (24 bytes) and has been submitted by 48 people (not +48 bytes).

The correct settings for Exact Audio Copy for this drive would be:

• Read sample offset correction: +6
  • Write sample offset: -6

There’s evidence that all EAC corrections measured are actually 30 samples off, but that’s another discussion. You can read about it here.

Thank you sir!