1640 - burning @4x when 8x selected>Nero

vbimport

Using Nero 6.6.0.15a, burnst rate in cdspeed shows 23mb/s

So i put in a TDK TTG02 disc, choose 8x and it takes 15 mins. I try another with the nero realtime speed reg patch, it only burns at 3.9x odd…

I then use MSCE to patch ricohjpnr01 @ r03, attempt an 8x burn through nero, and it burns at 4x again… :frowning:

Any help greatly apreciated, i’m a Benq N00b. So far it seems my nec2510a was a good enough burner and i shouldn’t have ‘upgraded’ :expressionless:

Here’s a pic of a working 8x burn in cdspeed though…looks weird?

How’s the buffer throughout all of this? Sounds like it could be a DMA problem.

Speaking only from my own experience with the DW1640, it has the tendency to underspeed with -R media occasionally but if you can be patient, the upcoming SolidBurn firmware should have very nice overspeeding esp. with +R media so you won’t be missing the 2510A (another great burner) as much thereafter.

btw, your pic shows how the DW1640 burns at 8x with WOPC normally so no problem with that one.

Hmm…well that pic i posted actually was a very good burn by PI/PF standards despite the weird look of the burn.

btw Buffer throughput is stable. always above 90% capacity. it’s running in UDMA mode 2.

Since i tried +r and -r for 8x and the problem happend like 3 times, i’m guessing it’s a nero problem. I had 6.6.0.15 so i upgraded to .15a…still same problem.

I also had some problems with this media a while ago on my BenQ 1620… :confused:

But changing write strategy cures this problem. He*l, if you are lucky they might even burn at 16x :stuck_out_tongue:

I have Datawrite classic TTG02’s and haven’t had any trouble with them you can see the write speed in black in the picture though obviously its not the same brand, have you tried defraging your hard drive as sometimes that can help.

I think the main problem i’m having is that an 8x burn in Nero is actually not going higher than 4x. I can burn the TTG02 @ 8x (as shown in first post, despite the weirdness…). I have just burnt a ritek G05 which looks like a more normal result.
http://dice.zapto.org/pics/ritekg05.png

Problem: Nero still burning discs at 4x despite higher speed is chosen :confused:

also, is it normal for nero to offer 2.4x burn speed as well as 4x and 8x on 8x media ?

but if you can be patient, the upcoming SolidBurn firmware should have very nice overspeeding esp. with +R media so you won’t be missing the 2510A (another great burner) as much thereafter.

Is it sure that Benq will come with the Solidburn for the 1640?

Maybe they are reserving that particular functionality for a newer model. They have not announced anything similar.

Sure.

(Credit goes to rapid fire)

Those Speed dips in your burn DICE is the Walking OPC (WOPC) technology kicking in. It analyses the disc as it goes along and will drop in speed if it finds an area of the disc that it thinks needs burnt at lower speed or with increased laser strenght.

Ok, but why does the original pic look like that, when this G05 burnt like this? and both discs had good PI/PF scans.

The problem of burning at only 4x in Nero seems to be gone now, i can only guess that the wopc limited my 2 TTG02 discs, my ricohjpnr01 and a ritekg05…

Good news is i burned 2 ricohjpnr01’s at 12x using ricohjpnR03 strat, nice transfer rates on them :slight_smile:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/dicer/benq/12x.png