1640 BSLB wont burn or verify above 2x

WinXP is up to date, my hardware’s fine, all my drivers are up to date. Drive won’t go above 2x burning or verifying, and the device buffer oscillates like crazy during burn, UDMA settings are fine. Drive is master, with a HDD as slave, but I can’t move the HDD to another cable. Was getting the “waiting on hard disk” thing so I moved files to formatted partition and tried again. Lost the “waiting” thing, but still burning slow.

What brand of dvd media are you using? IMHO one should never have a hard drive connected to the same ide channel as a optical drive. If UDMA settings are okay then it could just be your dvd laser is dying. :wink:

:slight_smile: You could buy a pci controller card for that hard drive if you got a pci slot available on your motherboard. :wink:

Yes, forgot that inevitable question. TY G02.

IMHO one should never have a hard drive connected to the same ide channel as a optical drive.

Yeah I know, but I’ll put the drive out to pasture and swap in a DVD-Rom drive and just copy files over my network to my burning rig before I remove that HDD.

If UDMA settings are okay then it could just be your dvd laser is dying. :wink:

That would suck.

:slight_smile: You could buy a pci controller card for that hard drive if you got a pci slot available on your motherboard. :wink:

I just sank a bunch of money into my rig. Reached my limit.

DVD burners are cheap these days at $30.00-$40.00. If you need a new one get a LG-H62 or a Pioneer 112D from Newegg. That’s if you’re in the USA.

LG-H62

Pioneer 112D

The Hard drive and the DVD drive need to be on different channels…

Yep. That’s probably 99% of the problem. :iagree: