1633s read write speed problems

In need of help!!! Have searched all of the posts to try to solve my issue, but have only come across hints or ideas to help.

My problem is this: my 1633s is burning discs fine, havent had it spit out a bad disc yet and so far have burned 7 discs with no errors using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. My issue right now is that its taking an hour or two to complete the whole process from decryption to burn. The transfer rate will not go above 2.7 kbs and the write will not go above 1.4 when using decrypter. Same is with the nero programs.

I have used nero cd speed check to test my speeds.
~started with f/w BSOC then used onmi patcher to switch to BSOH while enabling 16x read spead (also tried it without), and still same results. I even played with the disk speeds. Also tried switching ide cables. USed 4 different cables with a a number of different configurations. installed new ASPI regis, and drivers from forceaspi. I also disabled as many system resources as possible.

~My setup is as follows right now:

Intel p3 866 processor
gateway motherboard
Win2K Pro with all current SPs and Updates
two 60 gig fujitsu 5400rpm HD’s (same Ide cable, on pirmary slot)
512mb pc133 ram
liteon sohw-1633s (own ide cable secondary slot, master and ultra DMA 4, tried different configs by putting it as slave, then on ide cable with one hard drive as master, vise versa, swapped all around)

I think i covered as much as i can think of right now to help post all that i have done to troubleshoot. I am very interested in fixing my problem and and theories or help will be greatly appreciated and listened to.

:confused: thanks, Mardimus

If your DMA is enabled under window then it’s probaby due to the speed of your system. You can check your DMA with Nero Infotool on the configuration tab. Make sure you have 5GB-10GB of hard disk drive space and that your hard drive is defragmented.

Thankyou code king!

Okay so i DL nero info tool and did a check and under the configuration tab it lists all all my configs as follows:

Secondary IDE channel:
~ Master: Liteon
-DMA Off
-Autorun on
~Slave: Phillips DVD-Rom
-DMA off
-Autorun on

Under the ASPi Tab its listed as follow:

WNASPI32.dll 4.60 Sept 10, 99’
ASPI32.sys 4.6 Sept 10, 99’
WINASPI.dll “” “”
WOWPOST.exe “” “”

Is the problem in my DMA?

This is what it reads in my bios:

Primary IDE Master: Type = auto
LBA Mode Control = Enabled
Multi-sector = Disabled
PIO Mode = 3
Ultra DMA = mode 4

Primary IDE slave: Type = auto
LBA Mode Control = Enabled
Multi-sector = Disabled
PIO Mode = 3
Ultra DMA = mode 5

Secondary IDE Master: Type = auto
LBA Mode Control = Enabled
Multi-sector = Disabled
PIO Mode = 3
Ultra DMA = mode 4

Secondary IDE Slave: Type = auto
LBA Mode Control = Enabled
Multi-sector = Disabled
PIO Mode = 3
Ultra DMA = mode 2

Here is a guide.

Awesome i did what u said, and i cant believe how close i was. My mistake was not looking in the IDE controller tabs for the DMA turn on. I am now decrypting a dvd with DVD DECRYPTer and my speed is 7.0 X (im sure with a little time and tweaking it willbe much faster) !!! Thankyou for your help and time. I will post again after a couple burns with results to make sure im running right. Thanks.

Mardimus