1633 problem

vbimport

Hi, guys!
This is my first message here on forum cause I just bought my first Lite-On drive.
Got couple issues with it:

1. Couple of the disks I burned on my old Pioneer 107D this drive can’t read at all. The media is supposed to be not bad - Ritek.
  2. Maybe this makes any sense - when there is no disk in the drive it takes a while for Windows (around 10 secs or more) to generate an error. Not sure if it is supposed to be like that.

Tried to upgrade to BS41 - didn’t help at all.
Any ideas?

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:
Ritek media can be quite variable in quality. Might just be a couple of bad discs.

I’m not sure what you mean in you 2nd question.

Sure, it might be bad disks. How come I can read that DVDs in that Pioneer as well as in other DVD-ROM?
In the second question I was asking if the following situation is ok:

• there is no CD/DVD disk in drive and I’m trying to open it in file manager, it takes around 10 seconds to receive message ‘no disk in drive’

I am not sure why you would want to click to open/read an empty drive…

One of the reasons it takes to long could be down to the number of apps that are running in the background. Open up the task manager and see how many processes are running. Try ending some of the processes you don’t need.

Alternatively type msconfig in the run box and stop some of the processes starting there. (requires reboot). The more apps that are running in the background or foreground the slower your pc will be. Hope this gives you some pointers.