1633 kprobe results, very dissapointing

Join the club. I too had a 401s@811s and it was not a good drive for scanning. Disks would produce bad KProbe scans which later scanned on another drive would show much, much better results. It appears to be a common with many a drive from this family (401s, 411s, 811s).

At which speed did you burn it? If at 8x, it’s a very good burn. If at 4x then it’s consistent with the results I’m obtaining with mine. Unfortunately, at 8x, mine, with these discs, always produces a short mountain at the start. I’d like to know why. :confused: The same disks burn perfectly on the NEC 3500AG.

I did indeed burn the disc at 4X. I dont’ think these will work at the 8X. But i’m still very happy with the quality of burn.

Litey´s love RICOHJPNR01. If you cant burn these at 8x then I´m dissapointed. :wink:
Here is one of my burns at 8x with the “old” 411@811.

Litey´s love RICOHJPNR01. If you can´t burn these at 8x then I´m dissapointed. :wink:
Here is one of my burns at 8x with the “old” 411@811.

Litey´s love RICOHJPNR01. If you can´t burn these at 8x then I´m dissapointed.

Here is one of my burns at 8x with the “old” 411@811. :wink:

Here’s mine…

Hmm in my eyes it looks like a average scan for this cmc media (and i have tried several cmc Discs and they are mostly inconsistant media)