This is insane. Three (3) firmware releases for 1625 drive in just more then one month.
Some of you may think this is a good "service", but in my eyes this is a very bad sign for a company like BenQ.
It seems they just can't get things right.
4/7/2005 [B]BBEA [/B]-Release Reasons:
1. Improve the writing & reading ability for DVD-R media.
2. Improve the writing performance for DVD+R DL media.
3. Update the writing strategy for MBI 16x DVD-R & BenQ (Daxon) 8x DVD+R media.
5/4/2005 [B]BBFA[/B] -Release Reason:
1. Improve the writing quality for Philips (C08) 8x DVD+R media.
2. Support the Disc Quality Test of CD-DVD Speed.
3. Modify the algorithm of WOPC
4. Improve the stability in mounting the LightScribe DVD media.
5/9/2005 [B]BBGA[/B] -Release Reason:
1. Fix the compatibility issue with Sonic DLA.
2. Enable the WOPC for CD-R media.
It looks like BenQ R/D department moved to our forum.
BTW elee, RICOHJPN-R02 and YUDEN000-T02 are still 8x speed max.