1620 and princo dvd´s

vbimport

Hello all
i know that benq and princo are not the perfect match , but here in portugal princo is the cheapest i can get at the moment . recently i get 200 princo 4x and the 3 first spins ( 50 ) burned great , but the last one started to give me problems … coasters and more costers , so i tried to burn them at a lower speed than 4x , used mediacodespeed edit with latest firm V, and U , without results, after used T version. puted one dvd on the toaster and started to burn it… Dam … i made a mistake , i putted it to burn at 8x ( i change the settings using the same as princo certified for 8x )… waited and a perfect copy :confused: , beginners luck, checked for errors, made a scan all OK, second trial also at 8x … same result !, and another , and another … now this is burning perfect ! and at 8X !

Any ideas? i realy was not expecting this result !

Well, I’m Portuguese too and I don’t use Princo anymore since my previous Princo’s layer started to corrupt. I strongly advise you to buy another media, I’ve been buying Platinum DVD+R (RICOHJPNR02) media and it burns flawlessly (11,40€ per 25 pack).

The media you are using vary a lot in quality, but like you I find that they burn much better at 8X than they do at 4X.