160p6s can´t read after burning

Hi, i buy this burner a few months ago and it’s starting to fail reading this Sony discs Sony D21-00. The burnings are good, it’s only the readings.
any Idea?

You mean Windoze doesn’t recognize the disc? I’ve had this issue a few times myself and was forced to reboot/shutdown before the disc ‘mounted’.

What firmware are you running?

[QUOTE=macaddict01;1938154]You mean Windoze doesn’t recognize the disc? I’ve had this issue a few times myself and was forced to reboot/shutdown before the disc ‘mounted’.

What firmware are you running?[/QUOTE]

I burn the dvd normally, nero verify the disc and after the ejection the disc is empty.
it happen in any OS and a reboot doesn’t help
The dvd player read it perfectly.

It´s 160p6s@165p6s actually
firmware MS0R
I’ll go back to 160p6s I think.

I’m using the same drive and it’s crossflashed to 165P6S as well. Currently I’m using MV9N firmware and I haven’t had any issues with the disc not showing up. You could try that version before you flash back to the 160P.

[QUOTE=macaddict01;1938317]I’m using the same drive and it’s crossflashed to 165P6S as well. Currently I’m using MV9N firmware and I haven’t had any issues with the disc not showing up. You could try that version before you flash back to the 160P.[/QUOTE]

No luck with MV9N, still can’t read.
Must be hardware problem i think :sad:

I just recorded this really cheap dvd-R

No problem reading it

My 165P6S gets best SL results with MSOP firmware and got worst results with MV9N resulting in numerous coasters even with Verbatim media. MV9N is a test firmware between MSOP and MSOR if memory serves. Some report best DL results with MSOR, but I get best SL results with MSOP and have not yet done DL burns. BTW best results with all firmwares tried was with SmartBurn disabled.

my 160P6S converted to 165P6S used to be one of the best drive’s i had would write good and was excellent scanner,now some times it won’t write even verbatim’s,don’t know their in drive other time,s it will work just fine.allways work’s with cmc dvd’s.it is hit or miss with other dvd’s i have cleaned laser with alcohol but it did not help, also it work,s fine on cdr disk using firmware MS0R.

[QUOTE=bevills1;1940973]My 165P6S gets best SL results with MSOP firmware and got worst results with MV9N resulting in numerous coasters even with Verbatim media. MV9N is a test firmware between MSOP and MSOR if memory serves. Some report best DL results with MSOR, but I get best SL results with MSOP and have not yet done DL burns. BTW best results with all firmwares tried was with SmartBurn disabled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bevills i will try MSOP because somewhere down the line this happened even before crossflash.

my 160P6S converted to 165P6S used to be one of the best drive’s i had would write good and was excellent scanner,now some times it won’t write even verbatim’s,don’t know their in drive other time,s it will work just fine.allways work’s with cmc dvd’s.it is hit or miss with other dvd’s i have cleaned laser with alcohol but it did not help, also it work,s fine on cdr disk using firmware MS0R.

why the crossflash? just wondering is all…i have 3 160P6S burners and they burn exceptionally well with TY and VERB media. Each one has done severl hundred burns and still goin strong. By the way, PSOB firmware on all 3

How can I recalibrate the laser? :sad:

sorry for double post moderator please remove one,don’t know how second one got posted,thanks

I never crossflashed mine either but i use PS0C

for some reason, maybe my pc, i didnt have good luck with the PS0C, all machines and drives are different, ya know? A buddy of mine just grabbed me 2 more 160P6S drives today at his local walmart, on clearance, $19.99 a piece, I should be set for quite sometime now, lol

Hi guys, anybody knows which one should i move to recalibrate this drive?
:confused:

Please!!!
Any One?
problem is DVD+R Only
DVD-R works fine better reflection i think

[QUOTE=rickmec;1972396]Please!!!
Any One?
problem is DVD+R Only
DVD-R works fine better reflection i think[/QUOTE]Hi, your in unknown territory and pretty much on your own i’m afraid :flower:

If you get it figured out please let us know.

It could be similar issue of -R read problems for NEC drives detailed at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/nec-optiarc-dvd-r-reading-problems-209168/.
Some solutions for the NEC problem worked for some users but not all. It might be worth trying 1 or more of the solutions tried at that link which may or may not work for your problem. None worked for my NEC 3520 which I replaced with a Pioneer 111D that I cross flashed to 111L to gain auto bit setting for +R SL media.

My old 160P6S with PSOC is having a hard time reading +R that is book-typed to -ROM it just started a couple
of weeks ago. I thought that maybe it was where I burned the disc with the Samsung S203B and then tried to
do a QS on the disc but even with a +R disc burned with the 160P6S same thing happens if the disc is ejected
the re-inserted it shows up as a +RW disc book-typed to -ROM. If I cycle the tray quite a few times it will finally
see it as a +R disc book-typed to -ROM so me thinks it is maybe the + laser dying because -R has no problems
reading at all :confused: :sad: