160h6s -> 165h6s

Hi!

I´m just received a 160H6S (i ordered a 165P6S) and now i wonder if it is possible to crossflash to 165H6S?
Should a keep the 160H6S or return it and get the 165P6S?

Thank you in advance.

Please!
is this possible?

Sure it’s possible, but not guaranteed to have -RAM reliability as a real 165H6S. Do some research first before attempting, since if the crossflash goes bad, you may have a dead drive, relinquishing any warranty claims.

Do you think that i should keep the 160H6S or should i switch it?
I’m not after the -RAM possibillity just that it seams that it’s more firmwares available for the 165H6S

This is the first time I’ve heard of anyone owning a 160H6S, so I don’t know if it will be a good drive or not. You can always try a few burns to see if it’s acceptable or not. It’s hard to say if more firmwares will be available for the drive (including -5S and other -6S), since LO is probably working on their new 20x models. I’d try a few burns first. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Technically, both drives are similar, with DVD-RAM as additional feature of SHM-165 series, and Lightscribe as feature of 160H6S. But they are too different to allow successfully crossflashing.

I’m not after the -RAM possibillity just that it seams that it’s more firmwares available for the 165H6S
Concerning firmware support by Liteon there is normally not much difference. But actually, official firmware for SHM-165P6S is two month younger than for SHW-160H6S.

[I]EDIT[/I]: I mixed up 160H6S and the more common 160P6S :doh:

Michael

That’s why they introduce Hypertuning (like Bneq) - if that works, then they can stop developping newer firmware. :frowning:

Michael

Thank you all.
I decided to return the 160H6S and get the 165P6S.