$135 CND for Retail Liteon 40x - something wrong?

vbimport

Hey.

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada! Computer everything costs more here than anywhere else in Canada :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyways, there is a store here (http://www.mysterybyte.com) selling the retail boxed liteon 40x for only $135CDN!!! I've called around to check, and all the other stores in my city are selling it for $160+ and it's the OEM version...
Is there something up? Something fishy about this store? It's also kinda strange since the store is REALLY tiny! They have one location, and it's the size of a SMALL bachelor apartment.

weary

What's going on here?

P.F.

Beats the heck out of me. I’m in the UK and the retail LTR-40125S goes for about £65 or roughly CDN$130 so it doesn’t sound expensive.

Obviously I know nothing about the store you mention, being a Limey and all, but if they are a small place they may have got hold of some stock from a place going out of business or are just reselling from another supplier.

If you can go there to collect the drive, then why not get it early one day, take it home and try it and if it is a dud, take it right back. Using a credt card should help you, as if the store try to mess you about simply refer it to the credit card company and have them deal with it for you.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

LiteOn 40x12x48x is $105cdn OEM at College/Spadina in Toronto CAnada

Ahhh, good ole College/Spadina…the computer mecca of Toronto :bow:

Working 2 blocks away is killing my chequebook :bigsmile:

LiteOn 40x12x48x for 99 euro here in the Netherlands.
Lite-On 48x12x48 for 161 euro

99 Euro = 146.36 Canadian Dollar
161 Euro = 238.02 Canadian Dollar

Thanks for the info everyone!

Instead of buying it from the ‘shady’ store, I’m going to get it from the local shop I normally go to… They said they’ll match the price! :wink:

Good to see you here, Professor Frink :slight_smile:

I gather you’ve let go of your PX1210A, hmmm? :cool: Oh yeah, which TLA was it again? :bigsmile:

Where’s Homer, BTW? :wink:

I’m sure you’re going to like your new 40X Lite-ON burner… I paid $100 more for mine back in mid March at Frosty’s in Kahnawake (Now selling for $120), so yes, this is normal! :slight_smile:

Hey 83bj60! I didn’t expect to be ‘spotted’ here by any of my fellow CloneClinic junkies! :slight_smile: What was your alias over there? You’re not housie, are ya?

The PX1210A is gone :(! I can’t believe you remember that! haha… Mine was a pure TLA #0000… I think I still have all the scripting and HTML for that old site, hidden away in a zip file somewhere :slight_smile:

Where’s homer? I’m not sure :stuck_out_tongue:
I think I lost that little Professor Frink animated icon I used to have :frowning:

Thanks for the forum ‘Welcome’! :wink:

Me, the famous House? Nah! I’ve been using this nick for years everywhere on the net! Sorry to disappoint you! In any case I wish the old regulars from the CloneClinic would come and show their faces over here!!!

Anyway I followed your posts with great interest, particularly the ones about the Plextor 1210A Subchannel Issues:wink:

Looking for your avatar? Would this one suit you by any chance? :bigsmile:

Welcome back, old buddy! :smiley:

Hey bud!

Don’t you miss the old gang? House, KennyC, Koldo, Stretch…
Nealh was just mentioning to me that they show show their faces around here :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for finding my avatar!!! I can’t believe you remember what it looks like!!!

See ya around the forum! :wink:

PF

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: