1213S@1653 Problem!

vbimport

This is the problem my brother brings to me from the US a DVD-R Lite-on 1213s I installed it with no problem and i used Nero’s latest version 6.6.0.12 and i burned my first 3 data dvds the bruning prosess done with no problem BUT the DVD-R can’t read them!!! and it can’t read any burned dvd!!! I tried with an original DVD it works fine!!! so I Flashed it to csom 1653 but it didn’t read any burned dvds

PLZ guys help me out

I think you should, at least, tell us
the firmware version of the 1213s before crossflashing,
the brand of media used, and
the burning speed you use.

You may try different brands of media to test

I flashed the 1213s DVD-R with the latest frimeware DR12TS0D found it in the lite-on site after that I used 1653S.CS0M.patched-cf-ledfix

i burn with 4 speed only and i burn only data dvds with divx files or games

@ Gilmour1976
Since this is the newest of your two threads, I will answer here.
If your drive is capable of scanning the disc, you can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.3 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you.

Do you mean the burned disc is TOTALLY unreadable(ie even can’t be detected by 1213s?) or just read badly?

What brand of media you used?

I suggest you to try a KProbe scan if the disc can be recognised by your 1213s

PS I also have a 1213s@CS0M with no problem so far

Man sometimes it can be readed badly and sometimes the disc is not detected about media i am new in this area what did you mean about it?

You can find out the media code by using smartburn, a official tool from Liteon.

KProbe is a cd/dvd scanning tool which can let you know the quality of the burned disc.