120% and Securom 4

well 120% will do it just having some problems with supported roms. read this post for more info.
http://forum.alcohol-software.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=465

So Liteons for now don’t support the “Data Position Measurement” yet? Oh lol…

Works fine with my Ltd-163 at max reading speed. :slight_smile:

phil i must say iv watched you post a while and i want YOUR luck becuase you have it i havnet had any luck and i have the SAME drive you do im getting my 48x12x48 liteon today when i get home and ill update the post. but iv been watching the other boards and some of the problem is hardware related and some is speed related.

Update i ran 120 with my lity 481248w burner and it came up with a NICE coaster even though i DID get a good read setting the speed at 32x so as it stand 120 isnt there YET but it is making headway.

Originally posted by BigTy
Update i ran 120 with my lity 481248w burner and it came up with a NICE coaster even though i DID get a good read setting the speed at 32x so as it stand 120 isnt there YET but it is making headway.

A coaster? You can’t successfully burn the image file yet. All you can do is mount it on a virtual drive and run it from there.

Used my LTD163 to read NOLF2 English version at 32x, DPM successfully read and the mounted image works fine.:slight_smile:

In the Options under Emulation the only thing I have checked is the 4th one ‘Sub-Channel Data Fixed & Emulation.’

well hell lol let me give that a shot i did that before and it failed.

Actually, I found that the mounted image only worked properly when securom emulation was left unchecked.

In addition, if an attempted backup or image fails, I’ve found that it’s necessary to re-boot before trying again.

worked for me w/UT 2003 reading with a Toshiba SD-M1502. Securom New 4 unchecked in emulation…checked when making the .mds file. I didn’t try at full speed but worked the 1st time at 24x.

I Have a LiteOn 16 x 163D and I did an image of CD1 using Alcohol 120% (Latest Build) and opened the image with Daemon Tools, chose Securerom and it works fine, no crack or otherwise needed.
The LTD 163D does seem to support “Data Position Measurement” as I had no problems using this in Alcohol.
However I don’t see the relevance in this as we have still been unable to copy the protection over or duplicate it in any way without using an emulator.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Actually, I found that the mounted image only worked properly when securom emulation was left unchecked.

In addition, if an attempted backup or image fails, I’ve found that it’s necessary to re-boot before trying again. [/B]

Yes, you are absolutely right…it does work both ways for me but I think ‘unchecked’ starts quicker.

Pappy and flav, you have the SAME reader, so if it works for pappy, I don’t understand why it doesn’t work for Flav.
Flav check the options for the emulation as adviced by Philamber!

Using my Lite-On drive as the reader, I was able to create an image of UT2003 with 120% that was readable with both Alcohol’s virtual CD and Daemon. I used the settings described by Pappy in this thread.

Looks like we’re halfway there folks. Now to wait for the software developers to figure out a way to burn these images and we’ll be good to go. :cool:

I have got it to work with the Sony CRX185E1 with is the Lite-on 32123s repackaged but only at max reading speeds.

Fr4nz it does work for me, reading it is fine.
Still unable to burn it though.

Yeah Flav this is normal coz, at least for now, it’s impossible to make a 1:1 backup of Securom NEW titles, but if the image is emulated correctly this means that your drive extract the image from cd correctly and DPM has made its job!

No way to make a good backup of this game. At a certain % it says device not supported :frowning:
7% with plexwriter and 22% with pioneer dvdrom

Try all the possible speeds…especially at 24x, 32x and 36x…

Is it necessary to close all other applications running?
And does the cd have to be in perfect condition?
I thought iw was better trying with lower speeds :slight_smile: Now testing with higher

Now DPM worked at 24x on pioneer dvd but RAW + Sub-16 and then created image doesn’t work. Now trying with Plextor.
Anyway 24x speed on pioneer drive was the only speed working till 100%