12/10/32 Problems

I have had my drive for about two years, and have been having problems for about a year now.

I get errors such as ‘Cannot perform fixation’, ‘Power calibration error’ and more. I have contacted Plextor regarding this. They told me to try different media (Including Plextor supported media), which I did. I also updated the Plextor firmware, and my ASPI drivers, and my BIOS. Plextor told me there is a problem with my drive and to send it in. They sent it back telling me there is no problem with my drive.

I use Nero, CloneCD, and CDRWIN. All give me the same results. Sometimes I can get the drive to burn the CD, but 9 times out of 10 I cannot.

I have this problem with Win98SR2, Win2K, and WinXP

I am about to throw it in the garbage, and never buy a Plextor drive again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The only suggestion I can give you is to update the drivers on your system (busmaster drivers and such). Try recording discs with PlexTools and recommended Plextor media. If that also fails then your drive is probably broken. If you can (and this is recommended) try the drive in another system. If it fails there then the drive is certainly broken. Contact Plextor again and explain your problem. I think they will help you since their reputation is good when it comes to warranty.

Thanks for the advice…

How would I go about updating the drivers on your system (busmaster drivers and such)?

I tried to update the busmaster drivers, but i was told that i have the lasted driver. I tried using media that plextor recommends. I also tried putting the drive into another system (win98) and it still didnt work.

I geuss the drive is broken?

On the subject of resurrecting a dead thread:

I have a 12/10/32S that is giving me problems. Although it has been working fine, it has suddenly developed a read error – the CD-RW won’t read ANY disc that I put into it. The second light on the display (Disc Read) remains on at all times. Whenever I put a CD into the drive, I get a drive not ready error. This happens regardless of whether I am using a commercial CD-ROM, a music CD, a CD-R disc with information on it, or a blank CD-R. No matter what, the drive won’t recognize an inserted disc.

I remember seeing a bug report on the Plextor site that referenced drive lockups when the eject button is pressed during a disc read under Windows 2000. I think that this may be what killed my drive.

I’ve tried using the standard troubleshooting techniques, such as cable swaps, SCSI-adapter swaps, etc. The problem is not adapter related, as Windows reports that the drive is successfully installed, other drives work on the cable, and the problem follows the Plextor drive when cables are swapped. Adaptec’s utilities also tell me that all of the SCSI devices are properly enabled, without address conflicts or termination problems. The problem is that the drive just won’t recognize a disc. I’ve even tried the latest Plextor firmware upgrade that is supposed to fix this problem, but no joy.

Does anyone have an idea about how to approach the problem? I realize that the drive is a bit slow by today’s standards, but I would really like to take advantage of the CD-RESQ software that generates bootable CD backups. Unfortunately, the software will ONLY work with this drive. That’s the only reason that I’ve kept the drive.

On a related note, does anyone know how to utilize the TEST MODE for Plextor drives? I’ve scoured the Web, and I haven’t been able to find anything about diagnostics for the Plextor drives.

Thanks!

I’ve had the 12/10/32 for 4 1/2 years now, and I haven’t seen any of the errors that you have. Most likely the reason that the Plextor Support team hasn’t been able to reproduce the errors is due to the fact of hardware/platform differences. Do you have DMA turned on ? If you have a Nforce 2 board, it has it’s own drivers for IDE drivers that could cause problems.

If you do send you drive back, be incrediably specific about your configuration, including Chipset (northbridge), o/s, harddrives, software version, driver version, ect. the better you do, the easier they can troubleshoot. Just don’t give up. I’m on my 6th Plextor drive and they work so much better than most other companies products, and their tech support is great. :cool:

I am still using 4 PX-W1210TS and none has given me any problems since I bought them 4 1/2 years ago so I decided to buy 2 (for stock purpose) more from Plex online store when they where on a special stock clearance sale. 3 of them are in a Duplicator and 1 is still working in my rig.
About your problems:
I had some problem with my Plex in my rig after installing some burning software.
It just would not work till I reinstalled Force-ASPI. It was a problem with SCSI ASPI Driver on my system. I think the burning software just installed its ASPI layer and that conflicted with the older one…
So i would try to uninstall all ASPI and install FORCE-ASPI.